The Cardinal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What we have here is a late 60's-early 70's Hercules roadster. I picked this one up in pretty good shape from guy that has a welding shop next to where I work.
It took a lot of sweet talking but I managed to get him to sell it to me. After my first ride I knew some things needed to be changed. People musta been shorter
40 years ago.I had to change it up to make it more comfortable.

Another shot of these cool tires with a reflective sidewall.

Chain guard back on with decal I designed.

Good view of the seating area.

This is the best part of the bike and works great now after thanks to some tweaking from fellow forum member ZUMO.

New brake cable. I also took the brakes apart and cleaned them up and installed new brake pads.

I really dig this bike. My first three speed.

I like it. I especially like the way you spelled "Hurcules". Nice job. You changed it to suit you, but left the overall spirit of the bike intact.

I keep seein these Hercules crop up here in Tucson/Phoenix area. I like your top curved bar over the higher frame
straight bar. Nice work . The new decal on the chainguard and sweet red paint sold me...

Rizzoguy said:
I keep seein these Hercules crop up here in Tucson/Phoenix area. I like your top curved bar over the higher frame
straight bar. Nice work . The new decal on the chainguard and sweet red paint sold me...

Thanks bro. I would have kept the taller bars if they weren't so narrow of a grip on em.I wish they were more of a straight grip instead of turned in.

digging this ride,the red is awesome,layback post is cool,the low pro tyres give it a cool look while the reflictive/white stripe gives it the classic oldskool,I got a ladies herc that needs this style,sadly the paint is rought and only a drab olive color,wheels rusted to nothing so may have to use my fat old chrome rims and try and get a low pro tyre to keep the skinny looks,I think yours has made me decide to do mine,will have to think hard what direction I will go

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=60475&p=581198#p581198

Endlesschain said:
digging this ride,the red is awesome,layback post is cool,the low pro tyres give it a cool look while the reflictive/white stripe gives it the classic oldskool,I got a ladies herc that needs this style,sadly the paint is rought and only a drab olive color,wheels rusted to nothing so may have to use my fat old chrome rims and try and get a low pro tyre to keep the skinny looks,I think yours has made me decide to do mine,will have to think hard what direction I will go

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=60475&p=581198#p581198

You gotta go for it. I knew nothing about these bikes until I picked this one up.
It rides great. Even with my big ol 275 pounds on it rides good. If you wanna see
more of this bike and have a face book account you can go to this link and check em out.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 214&type=1

You don't need a FB account to see the pics; I hit the link and was able to see 'em without logging in.

Great pics, and a great bike, Pac.

Latest posts

Back