The "Casey Jones" done! (sorta)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Evil Johnny, nice to meet you the other day. The chain worked great. It's two links longer than the stock chain. That gave me the deeper bite in the dropouts that I wanted. I rode the bike to work last week. It was about a six mile round trip. She rode smooth. The springer fork and saddle make for a smooth ride. I have to change the handle bars though. The straight bars look pretty cool but my back cant take the stooped forward position. I need some thing with a bit more rise.

Gerry, thanks for the comment. I really wanted to make something respectable out of this late model Scwinn. My goal was to keep it simple and clean, strip as many shiny bits off as I could and try my best to get the look of a vintage hot rod. I had a lot of fun. I am not really done but I am already thinking of another build. Hmmmmm....

...I wonder if my fiance' would notice if I started disassembling her Townie :wink:

Regards,

Two Spot

Back