The Diablo "ROLLSFAST" again...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well...I guess all the fuss I have been making
about The Rollfast I bought from Dumpster Diver
has not been unjust.

If I may explain.This is the first bike I have bought and had shipped
Internationaly,all be it 15 Killometers to the
border.No big deal,as I have car parts sent all the time.

The deal for me is the feeling I have.It is like when I was
a kid.The feeling you get when you get a New Bike!
That feeling of wanting to go outside in your Pijamas
first thing in the morning when it's so cold the tires would freeze
if you did.

This is my first Tanker

I saw it posted up and I had to have it...I did the math untill it
worked well for both Dumpster Diver and myself and I
crossed my fingers it would make it here alive and not all thrashed
by some bozo in the shipping world.

This is my first Tanker

So I raced home from North West Washinton,the home of Bill Gates and Starbucks,crossed the border WITHOUT being pulled aside to be questioned,poked,interegated and felt up by some Burley Customs Officer ( The Border is all weird now since 911..gone are the days of a nice Sunday drive across the line to Birch Bay ).

I raced home as fast as my Old International Panel Truck would go, grabbed my kids from after school care, and built dinner and my bike at the same time!! In the same room!! :shock: :D

I installed the New Kenda 2 by 2.125 Red walls I found a while ago...pulled the seat post,greased it,some old red grips I had,and quicly built the bike....AND A GREAT SPAGETTI DINNER...faster than I have ever in the past.

My first Tanker

so now it's built and I rode it around in the dark,slightly snow covered street out front of my home....like a kid again I own a Tanker.

Thanks again D.D.

This is the overall look I want..I'll pull it all apart and go through it all soon,
Peace,
Kev.
0154.jpg

0153.jpg

0152.jpg

[/b]

Hey Kev,

That bike is looking so cool. Love the tires too. Thanks for the write up on the delivery....that was fun to read. I too have had that same feeling....funny how bikes do that!

All you need now is an old crusty springer fork out front. :D

This was my 1st tanker too! Looks good

Way to go Clothespin! I share your enthusiasm - I felt like a kid at christmas when I dragged my first old Schwinn home. And really, isn't that what it's all about?

Nice to see more old rides making their way up to the Great White North.

I'm doing my part for the cause - the frame from Hooch's '48 Schwinn is on it's way northward.

48schwinnky9.jpg

I'd also like to go on record as saying that Jon (Dumpster_Diver) is a good guy to deal with. Picked up this frame/fork from him a few months back (excuse the poor photo, and yes, I know my basement is a mess). No problems at all.

greenomx5.jpg

sweet Multipass.....

I love them old straight center tube frames...they look awesome with WWW tires....when ever I see that style frame I think WWW's

thanks everyone for the comments.....

Peace,
Kev.

Multipass said:
Way to go Clothespin! I share your enthusiasm - I felt like a kid at christmas when I dragged my first old Schwinn home. And really, isn't that what it's all about?

Nice to see more old rides making their way up to the Great White North.

I'm doing my part for the cause - the frame from Hooch's '48 Schwinn is on it's way northward.

48schwinnky9.jpg

I'd also like to go on record as saying that Jon (Dumpster_Diver) is a good guy to deal with. Picked up this frame/fork from him a few months back (excuse the poor photo, and yes, I know my basement is a mess). No problems at all.

greenomx5.jpg
Lookin good! Hey, if you want a twin for that 69 stingray, LMK I got a 71 and a 68 campus green coming along with a girls campus frame set!

Hey, if you want a twin for that 69 stingray, LMK I got a 71 and a 68 campus green coming along with a girls campus frame set!

Jon - You should start a subscription service, kind of a Columbia Record House type of thing for old bikes

"Every month we will send you one rusty bike part. If you are not completely satisfied, just spray paint primer the word CANCEL and send that baby right back to us"

:mrgreen:

Multipass said:
Hey, if you want a twin for that 69 stingray, LMK I got a 71 and a 68 campus green coming along with a girls campus frame set!

Jon - You should start a subscription service, kind of a Columbia Record House type of thing for old bikes

"Every month we will send you one rusty bike part. If you are not completely satisfied, just spray paint primer the word CANCEL and send that baby right back to us"

:mrgreen:
Sure if you guys want to send me free parts, I am all open to that idea!!

Back