THE ELGIN RETURNS...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Did a bit of horse tradin' today with member Henry Morgan and now the old Elgin is back in my garage...only with a few new nifty additions.

Henry was kind enough to include a springer fork, skiptooth drive train, drop stand, bars/stem and a set of cream wheels with black pinstriping that matches the patina of the bike.

I got it home today and threw some Quick Bricks on that I have had for years now and I think they look pretty nice on this bike. Just need an old ratty looking pre-war sprung saddle in black to finish this one off...let me know if you have one.

elgin1200-1.jpg

elgin1200b.jpg

elgin1200c.jpg

elgin1200d.jpg

I agree with Tin Man, that's a keeper! :D The springer really makes the bike :wink:

I'm digg'in those handle bars...very nice...P 8)

Actually...it came with a sack full of skip tooth chains and 4 or 5 skip tooth chainrings and cranks.

Henry was cleaning house this weekend. :lol:

I love the tires.... how much you want for that bike.. :lol: got any white walls for sale :oops:
if you dig deep in that bag .. there is a couple sets of vintage pedals

Henry morgan said:
I love the tires.... how much you want for that bike.. :lol: got any white walls for sale :oops:
if you dig deep in that bag .. there is a couple sets of vintage pedals

Yes...pedals...need to install those and the chain.

Wondering if a wide Brooks would look out of place on this one.

it will go faster with pedals and a chain .... you could always harness up the kids and have them pull ya...

now i see said the blind man 8)
hank said some sorta trade was happenin last weekend i thought he was gettin' that elgin not bringin' it back.
looks good

Received a seat today from member Chips_Mahoy...what do yall think?

BTW...the seat post won't go in any further than this....looks like I need a layback post.

elgin1a.jpg

elgin3a.jpg

elgin2a.jpg

layedback or 90* seatpost....maybe.
that seat....no. it looks like a girls bike seat(saddle :roll: ) and i bet is as uncomfortable as it looks :p

Latest posts

Back