The Empire Strikes Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I quietly frequented these forums during my build of this project bike for StarWars.com, I thought I'd post a link to the final product --

http://starwars.com/empirestrikesbike/

Once you reach the page and see the ad we've put together (sample below), click on it to download a full 360-degree view of the bike (click and drag to rotate). We've also enabled mouse-over hotspots that give descriptions of the various parts used (some of which were purchased from these very forums!)

esb_ad1.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration guys!

Pete

2manybikes -- that's actually the top of one of those "giant" PEZ dispensers that came out a few years ago. I simply pulled it off the dispenser and rewired it to work with a push-button. Pretty much all the parts used are annotated my mousing over the hotspots (once you download the 360-view)

I'd love to see your Vader tribute bike when finished -- in fact, if you can post a link in the comments section of the StarWars.com piece, I'll see it gets a mention in our blog...

Pete

Wow, that would be so great to ride, looks real cool and gets my vote for one of the best from a movie or movie themed bike I have ever seen.

pvilmur said:
2manybikes -- that's actually the top of one of those "giant" PEZ dispensers that came out a few years ago. I simply pulled it off the dispenser and rewired it to work with a push-button. Pretty much all the parts used are annotated my mousing over the hotspots (once you download the 360-view)

I'd love to see your Vader tribute bike when finished -- in fact, if you can post a link in the comments section of the StarWars.com piece, I'll see it gets a mention in our blog...

Pete
Thanks for the tip Pete. I went out to Ebay and lo and behold ...Giant Darth Vader Pez Dispensers :mrgreen: Gotta love it.
I told my son we could post info about his bike on starwars.com and suddenly he is really interested in completing the project.

That's just too awesome. :shock:
And the graphics you put together are incredible, too - really nice job, man!

2manybikes -- Great! Just post links to pics of your finished bike and we'll blog it!
Hammondeggz -- The ad was actually done by our in-house designer, Craig Drake -- we agree that he totally nailed the retro ad look!

Pete

That is awesome!
The bike AND the presentation. That turn-around stuff you did to view the bike from ALL angles...And the ad... I'm also a Starwarsfan, but just because it reminds me of my childhood. Nice features. Yes, those lightsabers... :shock: 8) Would be cool to see more detail pics of this bike here on RRB.COM.

Merry X-wing!
(And may the force be with you.)

herr_rudolph -- thanks, I'm glad you like it! We'll be posting more detailed pics at StarWars.com in the new year, plus some in-progress image series. I"ll be sure to post a link here when we do... Stay tuned!

Pete

Latest posts

Back