The Filthy Rat..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thesuicideride said:
nevermind the krylon fuison thing for whitewalls. i put it on bout a month ago and took it on a couple drunk stoles down the street and its already crackin and peeling. and its scratches pretty easy. oh well, its a rat

Try white shoe polish. It will turn a little dark after a while but it doesn't crack and it freshens right up with a second application. Nice Bike BTW!

Here's one I did with shoe polish...

HPIM1655.jpg

iRide Custom Bicycles said:
thesuicideride said:
nevermind the krylon fuison thing for whitewalls. i put it on bout a month ago and took it on a couple drunk stoles down the street and its already crackin and peeling. and its scratches pretty easy. oh well, its a rat

Try white shoe polish. It will turn a little dark after a while but it doesn't crack and it freshens right up with a second application. Nice Bike BTW!

Here's one I did with shoe polish...

HPIM1655.jpg

Looks great. Is the white shoe polish you used the liquid type in the foam applicator bottle, or is it a paste type?

The liquid stuff with the foam applicator. It takes a bunch of coats but it never cracked or flaked off on me. It will darken after the mold release or whatever it is leaches out of the tire but it's easy to freshen up.

here she is now with the six pack holder that my buddy welded on for me. its on a horse shoe type hinge mounted on the front so it doesnt shake up your beverage of choice when cruisin around. i wanna change the saddle to a springer seat soon. i cut out the seat post and we welded the seat on so it could be awhile before i ever get around to it.

stripes017.jpg

RAD ride....lOOVVEEE tht seat....looks like my old fords bench seat cover.......Which is an old blanket from Mexico.......haha oww yeah thats my dogs name is Rat Fink........So I love this bike.......Really cool.....

the pin-up card is from a sailor jerrys card set i picked up at a liquor store a while back. they were sellin them for a buck! online ive seen um goin for around $20. thanks for the good words guys.

looks great and i love the baby doll head(although i cant seem to get jason jessee out of my head after seeing it though*some will get it some wont*)!
who did the lines/lettering? theyre really clean :mrgreen:

you know , i absolutly hated (with a passion) those occ chopper's! even more so those occ seats rub me the wrong way (hated them, and they do rub me the wrong way.lol)
then i saw your pic's and they totally changed my opinion of the occ choppers. i'm not saying i'll rush out and buy one, but man thats a sweet looking spin on the occ chopper!

hah! yep. jason jessee is one of my idols. haahaj. i love his builds. hes a nut. my boss did the striping and lettering for me when i started at the shop. we used it as a patient to show me the different stokes and how to properly pallet the paint. yeah im not a big fan of the stock occ bikes not that mines a complete refab overhaul but i dont like the chrome frames and the bars. there are some really rad occ bikes on here! keep up the good work guys

:D your bike is great thesuicideride! ....but your garage is AWSOME!!! How much interesting stuff can you tuck in one place! Very impressed!

Boris said:
:D your bike is great thesuicideride! ....but your garage is AWSOME!!! How much interesting stuff can you tuck in one place! Very impressed!
thanks boris! theres a lot more cool stuff packed in there now. (cool to me atleast :D) so, between you and FunkyStickman whos Jake and whos Elwood? :lol: :lol:

johnp.smith said:
just curious, can you ride it with the seat that low? Im thinking bannana seat for mine.
haha yeah, i log in at about 5'3. so it fits me like a glove. we cut the seat tube out to open up the frame a bit and my friend welded the seat straight to the top tube.

thanks boris! theres a lot more cool stuff packed in there now. (cool to me atleast :D) so, between you and FunkyStickman whos Jake and whos Elwood? :lol: :lol:

:) Love looking at all that cool old stuff! :) .....As for who am I? It would have to be Elwood but Jake is THE man! lol!!

Back