"the Finest" Fuji

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello all, this will be my first ever attempt to build a rat bike, or any kind of bike for that matter. I've always wanted to do this, and you all have inspired me so much that i've decided to go ahead and try. here is my bike it's a newer Fuji Saratoga. any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated! thanks, and good luck to all!

pics coming soon, as soon as i figure out how to post em

Welcome to BO7!!!
I joined last year with 30 days to go and it was my first ever bike build as well (BEER RUN).
You'll have a blast and you have 55 Days, so plenty of time!!

Is your Fuji something like this?? Looks like a pedal forward design similar to a Townie. Nice lines. Look forward to your work.

Just remember!!!!!
HAVE FUN!!!!!!

2012_FUJI_saratoga_1.0.png

I'll take where's the picture at for 200 Alex! The question is...Get ta Buildin'!!

kingfish254 said:
Welcome to BO7!!!
I joined last year with 30 days to go and it was my first ever bike build as well (BEER RUN).
You'll have a blast and you have 55 Days, so plenty of time!!

Is your Fuji something like this?? Looks like a pedal forward design similar to a Townie. Nice lines. Look forward to your work.

Just remember!!!!!
HAVE FUN!!!!!!

2012_FUJI_saratoga_1.0.png
yes, that is like my Fuji Saratoga, but that one is the next model up, the "1.0". The bottom of the seat post is different, and mine only came with a 3seed hub and only coaster brake. Mine also didn't come with adjustable stem.
i will check out your builds as well, and with 50+ days left, i'm anxious to see what everyone builds. and yes, It's all about having fun!

I like your seattube better and I love that sweeping top tube with the boardtrack look.
Nice starting point!

That definitely has potential!Great start 8)

thanks guys! well, since this is my first bike build, i'm not sure how crazy i'm gonna go with it. I love the frame also, it's kinda different than most cruisers. I have a lot of ideas, but not sure which way to go. maybe since it's a FUJI, i'll go with a Japanese Zero /slash/ Kamikaze /slash/ rising sun tribute....not sure yet...today, rear red tire will be installed and also maybe repaint the chainguard. I hate how it's 2 piece. i think it wasn't meant for this bike, since it has an abnormally long chain...compare it to the chainguard on the 1.0 Saratoga

That's a very cool frame. I'd be tempted to attach samurai sword sheathes swooping up vertically to the seat and chain stays like a sissy bar.

Ape Stanger said:
That's a very cool frame. I'd be tempted to attach samurai sword sheathes swooping up vertically to the seat and chain stays like a sissy bar.

...and samurai sword hadles for grips! Oh, and a mini samurai mask with glowing red eyes for a tail light.

Did someone say samurai swords. I picked these up for $10 total at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago. Figure I will put them on craigslist soon.

Samurai springer rockers would be pretty cool.

I even thought of using the fancy dragon handle as a kickstand.

IMG_7937.jpg

IMG_7934.jpg

IMG_7944.jpg

Ape Stanger said:
Awesome idea!!! I actually thought about attaching samurai swords as well, but couldn't decide how or where to mount them. I went to an old antique shop yesterday and there were some old samurai swords there, maybe I should go pick em up :)

kingfish254 said:
Did someone say samurai swords. I picked these up for $10 total at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago. Figure I will put them on craigslist soon.

Samurai springer rockers would be pretty cool.

I even thought of using the fancy dragon handle as a kickstand.

IMG_7937.jpg

IMG_7934.jpg
Ooooooohhhh!!! I want those!!! They would definitely go on my Fuji!

Tencho said:
Ape Stanger said:
Awesome idea!!! I actually thought about attaching samurai swords as well, but couldn't decide how or where to mount them. I went to an old antique shop yesterday and there were some old samurai swords there, maybe I should go pick em up :)

Maybe do some research before you spend too much money on swords. I have a sword guy (almost sounds ridiculous, but I do). I bought a few cheap cool looking samurai swords, a cane sword, and a barbarian sword a few years back and only paid between $10 and $15 for each. I "presented" the samurais to friends, gave the cane sword to a friend that had a bum knee and used the barbarian sword to hack open a durian. I digress. Can't wait to see what you do with your bike.

update, i've changed the rear tire to match the front one, and i repainted the chainguard red, to match the seat and tires...it's looking better, but i think i need to shorten the handle bars and then get some red grips...i wish i could find more stuff around where i live, i went to the scrap yard, but there was nothing cool there.

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

Back