the first Forkless - Jopo Freak

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

this is bike I made in 2006. This was kind a prototype for my white Forkless.

It's a 'Jopo Freak'. Jopo is a 60's cult bicycle in Finland. JoPo means BIcycle for EVeryone. It was very popular in 60-70's.
Nowadays they made retro ones of it.. My creation is like a tribute to old - original Jopo. It was project all winter but
finally I made it in 6 days! One of main ideas was to make bike which is as easy to drive than regular bike. That everyone
who ones learn to drive normal bike could drive whit this too, and They can! it's really simple to drive, it just looks freak!

Original Jopo:

jopo.jpg

Olli

"hundreds of kilometers" so what is that in miles??? Just kidin'. I love this bike and the white bike mat just be my favorite custom of all time. :mrgreen:

sensor said:
17k=7 miles(98% sure maybe 7 1/2...)
You're off by about 50%, Sensor. Here's a nice little trick: you can Google stuff like "10 miles in kilometers" and "2 pounds in kilograms" and get the conversion right there.

Back to topic: that bike rocks!

Hugo

ChopperOlli said:
One kilometer is 1.6 miles
It's the other way around, Olli. :p But if someone can build a quilometer that's 1.6 miles long, that person is you. :wink:

Hugo

That bike is dead sexy!

The lines of the un-fork are beautiful and the steering linkage is elegant.

No doubt a piece of art.

Back