The Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a bike that I picked up at the Hershey swapmeet for FREE! I was at the right place at the right time, a guy from England bought this for some parts and then parked it next to a garbage can and said FREE, so I scarfed. He had removed the headlights, chainguard, and the rear rack that had a tailight in it. The tires were rotten and the tank had some rust on the bottom. When I got home I took the tank apart and it had the cardboard cased battery in it that leaked and rusted out the lower frame bar. I put on some tires and started riding it allover town, then the chain broke, from rust, then spokes started breaking in the rear wheel rusted again. I relaced the rear with new ones. I even made a key for the fork lock. I also cut out the frame tube that was rusted out and welded in a patch . I haven't put the tank back, still rusted out but the horn works.
thorn.jpg

gotavan Dan,that reaks of cool.....

that's the straight bar style I was telling
Multipass in another post I love.

great looking bike..and the Chain ring on those is a work of art.I love em,

Kev

Nice score! Lmk if you need more skiptooth chain. I got about 4 feet for $25 if you need it. Thanks

nice hawthorn yours is much earlier than mine what a score. ah who cares about rust just don't go jumping off any curbs :shock:

Back