The heart attack (riding pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The heart attack

Uncle Stretch said:
Hey thanks Kota. I was hopeing for really out there and It looks kinda simple. I have to keep trying and maybe I can get my builds up there with No forks Olli and some of the great minds that have appeared on this site. Trying to get the hang of this bender kinda kept this one simple. I will finish it ,but I will do better the next time too. :lol:

Not enough hot sauce for those wild dreams. :wink:

The frame looks good. Something new but still a nod to some old Colson or Elgin.

Not enough hot sauce for those wild dreams. :wink:

The frame looks good. Something new but still a nod to some old Colson or Elgin.[/quote]

You know Clancy my builds are all turning out so predictible. I thought about it and I came up with ...I'm making them fairly tall instead of low and swoopie ,so everybody wont say it looks like a burrito. Then it looks plain and uneventful. I will have to come up with some design that will be taller and still have a euro look to it. :shock: :shock:
Well everybody but my wife and my brother like the extra bar. :cry:
Glad everybody likes it so far. I must not be too far away....I will get there ,sooner or later

my $.02 on the bar... it throws off the curves of the rest of the bike, but that's just my opinion.

well....im going to agree with the wife(at least about it in the position in the picture).......or compromise and use a second bar just change it up some(id suggest some habanero........it might help with a different placement)
not that i dont like straight bars or your builds...its just fun to try something new sometimes :wink:

I am probably going to leave it out till I finish the rest and then make a decision on what and where to put one. On a basman frame (which I love) they stick a smaller one in the middle and run it straight across. You would think it would look stupid ,but it works. Sometimes extra bars kinda clutter up a build. :roll:

Ok one more option.

2bar001.jpg

Looks like a GIANT g-string!

Maybe do the rear triangle, hang some wheels on it......Then decide on the profile.

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok one more option.

2bar001.jpg

What if you did something like this?

Copy your top tube and lengthen it of course but use it as the chain stay. Mount the bottom bracket under it at the intersection of the down tube and the chain stay. Look for black dot.
2bar001copy.jpg

With that MS paint rendition you could use the straight cross tube and it would look pretty sweet

Ok its raining like crazy ,so yall will have to excuse the pics. I got the chainstay worked out and had to stick some tires on it to figure out where to put the dropouts. It will give everybody some kinda on an idea what the eventual bike will look like.

heartattack001.jpg

I like the third option. It looks too open without a bar in there somewhere.

i know it depends on what the bottom of the triangle is going to look like and the forks but so far id stay with just the single top tube......looks cleaner and flows better(but you what they say about opinions :wink: )

Back