the Hood Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm puttin this together for a buddy of mine. these are just the first stages. the Hood Rat ( distant cousin of the "Key Rat" ) we're gonna do black satin w/ mopar green wheels & wide whitewalls. gonna run with a munsters/frankenstein type theme. complete w/ coontail antenna! I gotta bunch of ideas in my head. should be pretty sweet. more pix to come.
003-1.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

That is so cool...when I started askin about mod podge I had a Munsters theme in mind!!!! Sick minds DO think alike!!!Can't wait to see what ya come up with!!!

Dorox, you can order them from bicycledesigner.com. I want a 26 inch straight bar springer...

So does this springer cause the pedals to hit the ground?

I'm also liking the stance and have been wanting to buy a springer for my 67 Typhoon.

Any modifications required to make the springer work on a Schwinn middle weight?

probably have to cut the steer tube down...I think they make 'em long so they will work on diff. frame styles and girls frames.

the hood rat has what they call a 26" bent springer. I got that one from masterlowrider.com. the pedals drag if you take a corner without having the cranks level. also if you run a larger tire like a 26x1.25 its better. they also make cranks in a 5" length .so they're ways around it. on the key rat, I'm running a 24" fork off a schwinn krate. I bolted the forks in rigid w/ no spring. because it was a 24" fork in a 26" frame, the spring didnt want to ride in the perch correctly. I like it better w/ the spring out anyways, it lowers the bike & looks ....... too. thanx comments fellas

Back