The Hurry

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what happens when I thrift store Murray Cruiser meets up with a Huffy Mountain bike from the dumpster.

IMG00298-20100713-1637.jpg

I took the entire front end from Huffy and put it on the Murray. Handlebars, brake, everything to the Murray for a Klunker style bike.

IMG00324-20100816-1747.jpg

IMG00326-20100816-1748.jpg

I found these brassy file cabinet labels at the hardware store and used my daughters stickers to create the headbadge. Found the turtle at the dollar store. His little head bobs when you hit a bump.
IMG00323-20100816-1747.jpg

So there is it: the Hurry. A nice riding klunker if ever there was. I am working on a rear rack from an old aluminum crutch. May lace the rear coaster hub into an aluminum wheel too.

IMG00325-20100816-1747.jpg

Very cool! I love that klunker look. I'm thinking of doing this to an old Ross Girls bike that I have for winter time (Less rackage when I slip on ice) Keep us posted on that Crutch rack, I have been toying with that idea myself, but just not real sure where to start with it. Great job on the bike!

Thanks Buck. I like the look and it rides pretty nicely.

The crutch rack is proving to be a bit of a pain. The elongated "Y" shape helpful to form the outer frame but the hollow aluminum tubing is making it a little tricky to mount. I have put front wheel bearing hubs in the tubes with JB Weld and then bolts in the hubs and hardware to mount it in back of the seat tube on the rear drop out support.
I don't have any spare fender stays so I am using a crummy sissy bar for the vertical support legs that attach the frame to the rack. I'll work up a wood insert as the main part of the rack so it won't be an open framed rack.

Pictures to follow.

nice makeover! that's a cool looking bike. gotta love that Hurry badge :)

i have a ratty old Murray cruiser, too, and i really like riding that bike. it's light and nimble and delightfully rusty. only wish i didn't have to extend the seatpost so far.

Back