THE IMPULSE BUY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I got the bike I had thought about selling off the pedals, but then when I got it and started learning more about it, just couldn't do it.

Here's a photo of a similar bike that a fellow RRB member posted a while back. This is what made me assume the bike had come with a tank originally.

FC_1.jpg

Before I got the bike I had thought about selling off the pedals, but then when I got it and started learning more about it, just couldn't do it.

Here's a photo of a similar bike that a fellow RRB member posted a while back. This is what made me assume the bike had come with a tank originally.

FC_1.jpg
I Notice the Striping looks like its above the tank on That one.

bike2.jpg

Pic of Red's Bike Shop in the 50's - closed 2012 :arghh:
10475453_10152082440040964_7177931514879173604_n.jpg

Bike left for years (decades?) behind the shop...

http://www.yorkblog.com/yorktownsqu...-bicycle-store-in-york-to-redeux-marketplace/
and
http://www.yorkblog.com/yorktownsquare/2008/06/26/wheeelmen/

Posted on June 26, 2008 by Jim McClure
"C.B. “Red” Klinedinst opened his York bicycle shop, C.B. “Red” Klinedinst, in 1909.
Over the years, the business has sold motorcycles, appliances, televisions and furniture.
George Royer, Klinedinst’s son-in-law, became president of the business and operated the shop for 30 years, after Klinedinst died in the late 1950’s.
Royer died in April.
Georgia Freet of York Township, Klinedinst’s granddaughter, said she doesn’t plan to continue operating the bicycle shop.
“It’s like a store that time forgot,” she said."

Did you ever make it in the store before it closed? Seems like it was pretty cool.

Never been there, but I bet it must of been quite the hopping place in its prime.
Did many bike shops sell enough bikes to have private badged bikes built?

Never been there, but I bet it must of been quite the hopping place in its prime.
Did many bike shops sell enough bikes to have private badged bikes built?

I've got a CWC badged "Berry Cohen, Small bike shop in Atlanta"

Got a Schwinn badged "Beck and Gregg Hardware Atlanta Georgia"

2 other Schwinns badged "Walco Sporting Goods Atlanta Georgia"

I'm pretty sure most companies would customize the badge if an order large enough was placed. I know Colson would if the order was 30+ bikes.

I'm pretty sure most companies would customize the badge if an order large enough was placed. I know Colson would if the order was 30+ bikes.
I'll emboss my tanks with any name for anyone that orders 30 or more. :cool::)

Back