"the iron fist"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay sorry guys! i been busy building a deck and trying to build my bike too, now that i took pics of the progress, here they are,
101_1920.jpg
these are the new rebar cantilevers i bent with my super cool hi tech tubing bender,
101_1927.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! purdy cool right! anyway im gonna be using tubing on the bottom to help extend the back of the frame, im not goin for the dyno cruiser look but more like the uphill motorcycle extended swing arm,
101_1926.jpg
101_1924.jpg
101_1922.jpg
so before i chop n start welding is there anything you guys might see that im doin wrong so far or can you see where im goin with this?

I'm sorry. I realize it's just the look your after, but I couldn't help it. I almost spewed coffee on my keyboard just thinking about climbing hills on a 70 lb. clunker.

its too bad you dont have any buddys that are union ironworkers! :) be cool to see a bike built w/rebar and tie-wire,w/out any welding! :shock: btw,excellent motorhead song also! :wink:

ok! so it was pretty time consuming bending tubing with conduit benders, so i went to harbor freights sidwalk sale yesterday and picked me up one of these!
101_1939.jpg
101_1938.jpg
HA! and it works dam good! i highly recommend one of these to all of you if you dont have a any tubing benders! so anyway i started hacking the cantilevers off and the other bottom connecting tubing, i forgot what theyre called, lol! and welded them in place, check it out!
101_1940.jpg
101_1943.jpg
101_1941.jpg
, so i started that last night and got so into it that when i went inside the house for another diet coke i looked at the clock and it was 3am! oh and i smashed my finger too! so this morning i got up and started to do more welding! and grinding
101_1947.jpg
101_1945.jpg
so yesterday i went to home depot and picked up some tubing too just in case i needed some, and good thing i did because heres what i did with it!
101_1956.jpg
101_1955.jpg
101_1954.jpg
101_1958.jpg
so after i welded those pieces together, i decided to just finish welding it all up, all the way to the dropuots,
101_1951.jpg
101_1957.jpg
so after all the welding was done i noticed that some of the rebar wasnt straight, hmm!? what the heck!
101_1950.jpg
so i busted out with my trusty jack and straightned those suckers out!
101_1949.jpg
YEEYAH! so after all of this i decided to see what its gonna kinda look like so i kinda mocked it up!
101_1960.jpg
not bad right? this is gonna be my real first "all work done by me" bike! oh and i did up the pedals for the number of the beast, those im not gonna post itl i get them powder coated but they are done!

Hey, that's cool! I like the idea. I think a rat trap springer would look really nice.

1960%20JC%20Higgins%20Flightliner%20all%20chrome%204.jpg

sorry guys! i havent been able to work on any of my bikes lately because i been doin other stuff, like argueing with the preg girlfriend! but good always comes out of situations like this, check out what i been doin on my wall, its on the corner of my wall
101_1971.jpg
101_1969.jpg
its not as great as i wanted it but im practicing before i stripe up the "IRONFIST" and maybe the girlfriends bike too

really diggin this bike! and WOW nice lines! those have to be like 1/2" thick? whad ya dip a whole squirrel tale taped to a stick into your 1-shot??

Back