The Jetstream.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be the weirdest bike I picked up, but the parts on it is what I needed. It is a old Steve Bauer city bike. Steve Bauer was a local bike racer not far from were I live. He raced in the tour de france, and came close but never won. (The mountain stages got the better of him). So Canadian Tire (Canadian hardware store) and some local bike shops sold his bikes. Few mountain bikes and a lot of road. I saw this on kijiji but never saw the bike anywhere else.

For me this bike is going to used for parts. It has Sachs 5 speed hub with drum brakes with Araya 26x1.50 rims. Those are going to be used on my roll fast bike I never got to finish. Has anyone ever saw these hubs before? The cables broke from the shifter. The strangest thing is there are 2 cables going to the rear hub to change the gears. One on each side. Right now I can't change gears but I took it for a quick spin and the bike rolls pretty good. The brakes work fantastic! They stop on a dime.

Well here are the pics...... enjoy!

Front brake/hub

Rear brake/hub

shifter

rims

And a seat that was cover with one of those gel covered seat covers.

It took a few hours to find out what those hubs are all about.... Not to many are available in north america. They are really big in Europe. The only thing I can find is written in german. I need to find something to help me translate them to english! LOL....
I guess a picture is going to be good as it gets for me. Is there anyone else out there how can help me?

There hubs are Sachs Torpedo Pentasport
this is what I found.
http://scheunenfun.de/f+s_h5111.htm

I have the exact same parts used on my custom frame. It almost gives the bike a steam punk feel. You can see the mechanical parts moving and the drum brakes are unique. I found your group while searching for information on these parts.

Attachments

• Yellow Flame.jpeg
    Yellow Flame.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 5
Never seen that Sachs 5 speed version.
Sturmey Archer made a 5 speed with two shift cables. Think of that as being a 3 speed with a hi/lo. yeah, that's 6 speeds but 2 were the same ratio.

Newer 5 speeds use a single cable.

Back