The minion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This bike will be a full size lowrider. It will be a 60s middleweight frame. 20" tires front n rear,a lowrider chrome springer front.kick back brakes,20" apes.and a spring seat,colors will be baby blue and white.still working on grips n peddles. Pics will be up tonight.

Ok so here we are. I pulled the bikes outta my junk yard
5dd87e6c.jpg
ab020a60.jpg

Then pulled them apart.and mocked the front end up on the frame
887953ae.jpg

Then added some bars.
3b2ffd80.jpg

Then added a seat
b4680e0c.jpg

And now I have one sick puppy.this bike is gonna be a low low lowrider.working on some cool wheels that match the front end.also going to change the spring in the springer to a colored one that will make it ride higher too. Also have super short crank.I'm also tryin to figure out a 2tone design going with baby blue n white.I have white peddles and hand grips.going to look for a tank also it's kinda screaming for one.heres some more pics enjoy
2c1628bf.jpg
189d63b1.jpg
.also very open to suggestions

Ok guys n gals I need some help,I was givin the idea to use light oak hand grips and peddles,or just plain white.also should I keep the front fender or no,and should I add a rear fender.and lastly a saddle style seat or banana seat and sissy bar.???goin kinda people's choice with this bike.

rollin devils said:
Ok guys n gals I need some help,I was givin the idea to use light oak hand grips and peddles,or just plain white.also should I keep the front fender or no,and should I add a rear fender.and lastly a saddle style seat or banana seat and sissy bar.???goin kinda people's choice with this bike.

plain white, add a fender to the back only if you have one that matches the front one and try a banana with sissybar. That's my opinion, hope it helps :)

Ok so I got the head tube cut to put the springer on right.found out the wheels I wanted to use were bent,so I started switching spokes cuz I want the ones from the bent wheel.also got the frame almost bare metal.gotta say it looks really cool,I did think about just clear coating the bare metal but I really want this light blue.I'm going to do white peddles,grips n a banana seat.no sissy bar just supports running from the rear axel to the seat. I have a falcon rear hub brake, and I found a 16 tooth hear for the rear wheel.tonight I will be changing the spokes for the front wheel,more paint removal. Also going to get a twisted peddle set a twisted crank and twisted head tube. All to match the front end.also going to add a rear matching fender.oh ya and it will be the first bike in 6 years to have a chain guard.pics will be up tomorrow.

Today was a good day lots of work done to the bike.striped the chain guard,it looked so good almost didn't paint it. Also got the wheels laced up with twisted spokes,this took forever b/c I've never laced a wheel before.got the wheels n chain guard primed,ordered my seat n pedals.prolly going to tale the day off of this bike to build my little nephews chopper.thanks to all who have been viewing and following this build. I hope everyone is enjoying this build as much as I am.

After another 2 day build I finally got back to work on the minion,the front wheel is done,but was thinking about switching the axel and hardware for chrome. The chain guard is done,Maybe,it might get changed idk yet.the frame is 90% down to metal. Got the front end apart,broke a bolt soaking it in wd40 over night ,will get new bolt n spring for springer front.
1eb29ae2.jpg
f0930a33.jpg
c043a83e.jpg
4044ff44.jpg

So I'm finally making some progress.got the frame striped and first coat of white on, got the rear wheel taped n painted,did some detail painting on slot of parts,Polished the springer frontend and replaced the pivot bolt that was all rusty with a wheel axel and some axel nuts now it's beefy,polished the front fender the underside of the fender was so rusty I couldn't get it all out so I painted it white,rebuilt the rear axel assembly and added a cover to the gear side to give it a cleaner look.got alot done now just waiting on some parts and finishing the frame.
62bdc868.jpg
d15194cd.jpg
before
f2f570f1.jpg
after
2788eca7.jpg
4e1cbaff.jpg
e229e5be.jpg

Didn't get much work done on the bike today.but got the rear wheel assembled.and wet sanded the frame and washed it.starting to see the home stretch,lol.
4a0e285d.jpg
c41be229.jpg

Its just a simple detail, but I really like the little cover on the sprocket side of the hub. Is that something that exists, (I've never seen one), or did you make it from something else?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks I had the idea cuz it looked ugly without it,lol.it's the cup behind the brake lever on the other side of the axel. This was the first time I did one like this but it's now a staple on my builds.went out this morning and polished the screws and bolts for it also came up with a cool idea for the kick back brake lever to hold it to the frame so it don't scratch my cool paint. This bike is one of the nicest I have ever built.thanks to this website and all the innovation from all the other builds on here keep me building and coming up with more new ideas.

Last night got the frame masked and painted blue.got the crank set up Polished put on a temporary gear mine will be here next week. Finished the front fender off and put the wheel and fender on the front end. It looks so sweet. Also had to do more work on the rear wheel I did way to much work on this rear wheel.after pin stripeing I'm never touching these darn wheels again lol. Today rear fender will be prepped also want to try to get the frame pin striped today.
d1b5906a.jpg
22a939b5.jpg
61fb45bf.jpg
1d8a27c2.jpg

Got the front end mounted, looks good.works pretty nice too.also mounted the handle bars.thru on the rear wheel for a glimpse.had a yard full of kiddies drooling over it.going back out tonight to stripe it.

Got the front end mounted, looks good.works pretty nice too.also mounted the handle bars.thru on the rear wheel for a glimpse.had a yard full of kiddies drooling over it.going back out tonight to stripe it.
43a541dc.jpg
b5baf093.jpg
217ca144.jpg
aba7f919.jpg
60c0c1b8.jpg

Well haven't had much time to do anything on the bike. But got the tires on n filled with air.I put a leanback seat Post on it, going to go with a regular seat instead of a banana seat. All I need now is the chain ,grips and mount seat and she's a go.but considering they are forecasting 6" of snow for my area. There will be finished pics but no riding Pics. But here she is almost dressed for the ball.
7591bb48.jpg
3d6a02e8.jpg

Back