THE MIXOLIGIST

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the real fun begins.
Starting.... Classic Murray Monterey off Craigslist for $10
july2009341.jpg

Blasted, cleaned and painted flat black
1215090829.jpg

I was starting to look for accesories. New seat, headlight.....
Then i came across this site and got some ideas.
Why buy new Chinese made stuff and stick it on the classic USA made bicycle.

So my first project...
turn this really old Martini Shaker into a bad Bullit head light. I found it rustin in the back of a cabinet at work.
1215090924a.jpg

1215090925.jpg

I am going to use the guts from an old rechargable flashlight. I think I am going to use an old lunchbox mounted on the front as a battery box.
1215090924.jpg

i am going to shape the front tip with a Dremel to look like an eyelid cover.
1215090926.jpg

wish me luck I have a whole $10 bucks in a old flashlight i dont use any more. Hope i don't screw it up. :p

Diggin' the light but I prefer them stirred, not shaken. :D

Built two of these two years ago. The looked great! Used them for tail lights. Wish I still had the bike I put them on! Good luck with them! :wink:

Haven't had much time to really work on the head light. I did however finish my Tank. It was originally going to go between the seat post and the tire, like an OIL TANK, but it was to big. So I put it up front and Ithink I like it.
1230091246.jpg

I used a tin can that had Santa Claus on it, 50cents at a craft store, and a thrift store belt.
1230091244.jpg

I think it will be a good place for the lock and some small tools.

I saw a post on here about HEADBADGES, in particular custom ones. I have been using CafePress.com for a long time. It is a cheap place to make one off stickers, as long as they are your design. they will not make reproductions. I made a King TuT badge you can seee above.
I use the template for the bumper sticker and put a few on the same bumper sticker and exacto them out.

here is what i uploaded to cafepress.com
bikedecals.png

shipped it was about $5

Back