The new electric cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

as some of you already know, i've been working on electrifying my rat fink to use as my daily commutter..it has worked quite good but i wanted battery setup lower and rear suspension.

so i started to build myself a complete frame from scratch.
here are the first build pics...weld are getting better as this is my second welding project.

the tubing comes from a steel kids bed.

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

I've spent a few hours working on the bike last night. i've done a lot of metal cutting on the bed frame to have some parts ready for the bike

built the base of the batteries-rack..its not welded in place yet on the pic.
IMG_1030.jpg

also built the support for the pivot point of the swingarm,,right now it's not welded in place, it is butted inside and i can put it in place or take it out to build the swigarm and check the fit
IMG_1029.jpg

next i will work on finishing the batteries rack.

latest updates...
i've work on the batteries rack again..., now all welded into place.
waterdamage006.jpg

waterdamage007.jpg

I've worked on the swingarm.

i'm not sure yet how i will finish it...i can keep the part low and build from there. or angle to lower part and add another part in an angle going to the shock...

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

todays work.
finished most of the swingarm..now it needs a shock mount...

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

now thats pretty schweet! never woulda thought to use a bed frame(acutally i tried to once... mom wouldnt stop so i could pick it up..) :cry:

those are some pretty big batterys, don't they make a more compac one with the same output? just wondering

Outlaw

OUTLAW said:
those are some pretty big batterys, don't they make a more compac one with the same output? just wondering

Outlaw

yes they do...but at 3-4 times the price!
theses cost me 120$ total...the better batteries run for 500-600$ for a similar power/range

i did some work over the christmas period

I had to switch my coil spring shock for an air shock as my leverage ratio is to low for the springs that i have in stock...works good now

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

OK ,

after a lot of sanding/cleaning and details fabrication like disc brake mount and chain tensionner, I've finally put a coat of paint on the frame...not sure if i want to keep that color, it looks too much like my burrito ...
what colors would you see?
IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

the burrito
latest005.jpg

Well, since its an E.V., i think it should be GREEN

Back