** The next build off 2024 **

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Awesome

Lord of Irrelevance
Staff member
Admin
Pro Member
Reaction score
After much research, analysis, and varying opinions we have decided to change things up a bit and add a new class to the mix. See how things go and also keep the content fresh

With much excitement we would like to unveil that for the final build off of 2024 we will be rolling out the STBO (step thru build off) for all you drop tube fans! As long as it is a traditional step thru or ladies bike. Factory built or from scratch. On road, off road, whatever. No restrictions other than the frame design having that traditional dropped tube to clear your ladies dress or vicker robe :21:

***** These rules are a work in progress and not official (6/17/24)
***** We reserve the right to amend them prior to competition and posting them in their final form

STBO - STEP THRU BUILD OFF
  • Frame must be a "traditional" step thru (commonly referred to as a ladies frame) in the end configuration (no gender benders to high bar/male)
    • Final say in eligibility will be handled by staff
  • Anything else goes
    • From the factory or scratch built

MBBO - MUSCLE BIKE BUILD OFF
  • Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 criteria to be considered a Muscle Bike

• Rear tire larger than the front. (Wider or taller or both)
  • Banana /Polo seat
  • Muscle bike appropriate bars.(Apehangers, Butterfly, Rams Horns, steering wheels, or any other weird variants, etc)
***** Other standard rules will apply

Jan-Mar : build-off - ORBO & SWBO

Apr : off

May-July : annual RRBBO - class 1/class 2

Aug : off

Sept-Nov : build-off - MBBO & STBO

Dec : off

This is for the Sept-Nov 2024 build off correct?

Is a Mixte frame considered a step thru?
303418124_10159949770726737_3269456934158681447_n.jpg

Must be a step THRU by design. We realize that many ladies frame blur this

IMG_3409.png

Good 👍

IMG_3410.png

Good 👍

IMG_3411.jpeg

Not good 👎🏻 This is a step over design

If the top tube intersects with the seat tube in the bottom half you are within the spirit of the competition

To add clarity, perhaps "flipped configuration" should be mentioned specifically View attachment 270062
^AlienFire:inlove:
Seeing how it has straight bar and has lost its step through configuration it would be know
Frame must be a "traditional" step thru (commonly referred to as a ladies frame) in the end configuration (no gender benders to high bar/male)

Seeing how it has straight bar and has lost its step through configuration it would be know
Frame must be a "traditional" step thru (commonly referred to as a ladies frame) in the end configuration (no gender benders to high bar/male)
It's still a step thru. Ya just gotta step under instead of over...

no gender benders to high bar/male
It is still a traditional step through frame. Nothing changed to the frame except BB and seat location. I just figured it was a good idea to include "flippers" here so that people don't try to make wiggle room. Carl is joking, someone else might take it seriously
It's still a step thru. Ya just gotta step under instead of over...
My first thought when I saw "Step Through BO" was to flip that blue Schwinn step through ATB in my pile, but I reread the rules. Yes, it's stated, but not explicitly. Better to have it settled before it becomes an issue

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back