The "No More Bikes" Bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Lobsterboyx and I have an issue. I hoard antique bicycles. my friends think im crazy and my girlfriend think my obsession is becoming unhealthy. so lets cut to the chase, i counted 14 bikes crammed in to a tiny slice of the garage, i was at capacity. every once in awhile i find a cheap cheesy bike, fix it up and sell it on the list - who doesnt? -

when i got in to antique bicycles i talked to an old timey collector who pulled out a picture album filled with the bicycles he had had over the years. he showed me color folows, higgins 100, x-53, silver king, monark holidays, roadmasters, elgin twinbars, pierce shaft drives, 5 stars and the majestic firestone supercruiser imperial, the all chrome fully optioned bike that would have made any kid in 1951 do terrible things to get.

I am that kid.

IMG_2862.jpg

I bought it here on the forums from bogmonster - it was missing the tank and trainlight. (what a shocker) - the two most expensive parts to find on the whole bike!@!@!

so i put it together.

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

rode it around.

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

and now ive spent WAY too much money on it. but whenever i walk out to the garage, my jaw drops every time i see it.

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

and now i have to get that stuff chromed. - its worth it.

Look at it like this. You could be a bowling fanatic , and spend thousands a year on perfecting your skills. At the end you would be a good bowler , probably have carpal tunnel syndrome and have nothing to show for it ,but an old ball and some stinky shoes. :lol: Now you have some really cool bikes that when sold will bring back most of the money that you spent on them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Look at it like this. You could be a bowling fanatic , and spend thousands a year on perfecting your skills. At the end you would be a good bowler , probably have carpal tunnel syndrome and have nothing to show for it ,but an old ball and some stinky shoes. :lol: Now you have some really cool bikes that when sold will bring back most of the money that you spent on them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Spoken like a true bike addict.

lobsterboyx said:
my girlfriend think my obsession is becoming unhealthy.

Could be worse - it's not like she's a wife or anything. At this point she's still on probation. :mrgreen:

Once you pull the trigger and get married, that's when YOU go on probation. :lol:

shes just as bad as me with antiques and alike - her stomach turned when she found out how much i had to pay for the light and tank...

because of this im completely broke, but the chrome shop does owe me a few favors...

in the meantime i painted the headlight silver (it had a crappy rattle can job on it already) - Just to tide me over until i can get to the chrome shop.

:place holder for picture:

When you decide to let loose of it let me know. I live in norcal and would be interested. I go south about twice a year. I also have some pretty kool stuff to trade? I have a JC higgins girls colorflow fully loaded with working headlight your girlfriend might like to ride around on? Got some custom stuff too. Keep me in mind.

heh - i like to keep my equity in things with wheels :mrgreen: if i ever do have a breakdown and decided to liquidate my bikes, ill be sure to put it up for grabs here first.... but i think ill keep them for awhile.

that is one beautiful bike skipton - im planning on going to the tour de fat here in LA soon - gonna take the x-53

heres the pictures as promised...

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

heres the painted light - looks a bit better than baby blue...

IMG_3101.jpg

heres the tank i got - i know its not the right one, but i couldent pass up the crashbars... it has the bullseye emblems too i just havent put them on...

IMG_3102.jpg

if i ever can find a set of those red crown emblems, ill make them work on there.. i wish i could get my hands on an original tank and chainguard - id make a set of decals!

Seriously..that is the greatest thing i have ever read..may i use that ???

Uncle Stretch said:

Back