The Old Green Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1225101810_0001.jpg
This is the first bike I started out with earlier this summer when I got into bikes! I did the paint job before I became a member of this forum and so, the theme will probably change. I don't have the fenders or racks on it yet as I am still trying to figure out what direction from here. It sat not assembled for a while as I went on to other projects but, the question is...what should I do with it now? :?

Man, this thing was a rust bucket when I got it. Gave 23 bucks for it at a flea market. He wanted 45. My wife says to the guy, " we only have 23 dollars on us in cash, will that buy it? " She's a gem. Yea, I like it just like this I think. Maybe a cool seat and some funky grips. Headlight or something. I like old fenderless Schwinns too.

Needs a chain and it's ready to go!

That seat may be workable, the seat on my fenderless schwinn was hard as a rock when I added a piece of gelpad and then painted it. It might be good as it is if there's any cushion left in there.

21cxu9h.jpg

bezbpt.jpg

This is the seat as I got it.
vhu6c.jpg

Wildcat said:
Needs a chain and it's ready to go!

That seat may be workable, the seat on my fenderless schwinn was hard as a rock when I added a piece of gelpad and then painted it. It might be good as it is if there's any cushion left in there.

21cxu9h.jpg

This is the seat as I got it.
vhu6c.jpg

Yea, I have the chain ready to go. :lol: I was wondering about painting seats and if the paint holds up. Cushion is gone but, it really isn't that bad to cruise on. I may do the gelpad deal on it like you did. Thanks. -Shane :mrgreen:

Your bike is really cool. Love it! :D

Back