the red baron

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys I've started another project and got the first piece of it today from the good folks of chestnut hollow :p

flyer02.jpg

all i got is the frame, but i have an idea of what i'm going to do
the tank is pretty awesome and im gonna base the colors off of it, its really a darker red with cream lines, i'm thinking paint the frame close to the tank's red, get some cream tires for , tan saddle, i got a springer coming for it and some chopped fenders painted to match the frame.

its just an idea

man, I was impressed with that frame from the time I saw it in your other thread. Someone else said already, but I'll say it again... it has CHARACTER. I kinda like the colors now, scratches and wear and patina and all that...

--rick

yea i like the colors too, its just something about the green and red combo, we'll see, its still early in the build. I just got some of those luxury liner springer forks, the only problem is they are are blue, which is what gave me the idea of repainting the bike instead of trying to match the green.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Joshua85 said:
of chestnut hollow :p
You can buy stuff from there?
how cheap is it?

it depends, sometimes they got some cheap stuff, i found them on ebay tho. their seller name is 33kong.

sometimes they don't have any auctions up, but when they do they have a good bit of stuff, i think i paid 100 for the frame, but that was because there was a bidding war, i've gotten a female spaceliner frame and fork for 60 including shipping from them before

personally i would not repaint anything just build on what you have. that is a really neat looking frame and parts combo.

Great frame and tank! It has the PERFECT patina for clear coat! ...I'm jealous.

karfer67 said:
personally i would not repaint anything just build on what you have. that is a really neat looking frame and parts combo.

Listen to the man. DO NOT paint that frame!

FINE YOU GUYS!! i wont repaint it for fear of you guys forming some sort of angry bike mob and getting me :p

i love the green too i just hope i can make it work with the fork i'm gettin, i should have the fork tomorrow, so expect pics :D

dude, paint the fork red. i bet it's easier to match the red tank than the green frame...

OTOH, even though I'm one of the guys who likes it the way it is, it's your bike. there are guys here who would paint it just because the consensus is NOT to paint it, or at least the builder's vision is different from that of the masses. case in point:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=655

and dig the end result. absolutely beautiful... one of my favorites to go look at when I'm trolling the archives...

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1193

now, all that said...

I like it the way it is. :mrgreen:

--rick

Not to beat a dead horse. Leave the frame,tank and chainguard as is.

Spiff is up with a cool fork, handle bars and wheels.

you guys are right,

Its still really early in the build so we will just have to see what happens

what do you guys think of maybe matching the color of the forks with with yellow on the chaingaurd? if i made the forks red i think it would christmas :p

Back