The Replacement

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
started this project out with a Worksman frame,but when things didnt workout in stepped the replacement Columbia.Picked the frame up from a local builder also the springer from another member then a drive down the street to CHIMICHANGAS shop for all the rest of my rollin needs and it was time to start building! I believe the frame is a 60s columbia Clipper but ive never seen the downtube wrap under the bottom bracket except on a few bmx bikes.Any info would be appreciated and please voice your opinions whether it be good or bad,I like both!Ive got a full wrap rear fender possibly in the works and maybe swapping out the sprocket.But here she is as it sat and now how it sits!!

columbiabuild00150.jpg
columbiabuild00250.jpg
columbiabuild00350.jpg
columbiabuild00950.jpg
columbiabuild01050.jpg
columbiabuild01550.jpg
columbiabuild01450.jpg
columbiabuild01350.jpg
columbiabuild01650.jpg

I love the frame, like the build, but i gotta ask: what did you do with that unicrown fork from the "before" pic?

The springer fork is, btw, very nice on that bike. But the unique downtube/BB shell is really unique for this frame style.

-rob

what did you do with that unicrown fork from the "before" pic?

When i
I first saw the bike in the ad I thought''SCORE''Tange forks!!!But no they are the biggest pile of forks Ive ever seen!haha!!!I think someone made them in theyre garage.The steerer tube runs past the top of the fork legs like a tail and the race has been welded on!!

Nice looking build. The bar going underneath the BB is reminicscent of a Monark 5-bar frame except this is a single tube. Even the 2 top tubes have a Monarky look to them.

Did you put something in the dropouts?

yeah i found a carbon roadbike frame that they cut i half for a warranty and I took the aluminum screw in aluminum dropout shims.I put them in to protect the paint and to give it a little custom look.

Back