TRADITIONAL The Resu-Trektion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly! Chain stay protector, vinyl, color; yellow to match housing?
I have some grey somewhere that’s heavy duty and similar to the color on Dom’s GTX. Yellow would be cool. There will be another little piece of yellow housing right there.

Thanks for the inspiration. Now where did I put that vinyl. 🤔

Couple pix for page six.

IMG_1567.jpeg

IMG_1597.jpeg

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_1599.jpeg

Last edited:
WOW! That is a thing of beauty right there!
Thank you so much! Finally coming together.

Found the vinyl. Had to give myself an OJ award. 😃 Even used the little leather case for a straight edge.

IMG_1623.jpeg

IMG_1632.jpeg

IMG_1640.jpeg

Is the T in Chad T short for Toretto?
😎😂
1718485504140.png

She doesn’t look too bad in the old weed garden/BBQ graveyard.
IMG_1630.jpeg

IMG_1628.jpeg

Need to sell some stuff so I can go on a gold ano buying binge.
IMG_1638.jpeg

Last edited:
Love the gold ano idea! Maybe the front shifter cables should be gold ano instead of yellow?

Found these for starters...

chad chain ring bolts.jpg

Last edited:
Man, that bike looks killer. The cockpit looks like a spaceship! It wants to go fast!

Thank you Matti. It does want to move. When I leaned it against the house I had to chock the front wheel with a stick to keep it from taking off.
IMG_1589.jpeg

Beautiful build awesome street fighter crisp and clean, my style of build, love it
Thank you!
Love the gold ano idea! Maybe the front shifter cables should be gold ano instead of yellow?

Found these for starters...

View attachment 269747
Ha! Too late. Ordered these last night from the bay.

1718545650571.png

Saw those on Amazon. These were a little cheaper. I want that little wrench tho!

Did a little mod to the shifters last night. Little carbon vinyl over the Microshift branding.

IMG_1642.jpeg
IMG_1643.jpeg

Then…..went full Dr Crankenstein on the cranks.
IMG_1655.jpeg

Took a lot of licks to get to the center.
IMG_1653.jpeg

Think I went too far tho.
IMG_1656.jpeg

I’ll put them on the trike and steal the SRAM cranks for this.

These cranks. They're a lot lighter. You can see how the arms are hollowed out on the back. Was gonna steal the pedals off of it anyway,
blue14.jpg

Last edited:
Love all the mods! Yeah, that little wrench is key to a too tight crank 'sex bolt', as @kingfish254 likes to call them. 🤪

Wow, those "sex bolts" have holes in the front and the back!!!

Few new things. Can’t use the SRAM cranks as they’re 130 bolt pattern and I don’t have rings for that so the Franken cranks will go on the bike.

Discovered a new finish. Put a little easy off on these black pedals then hit them with a brass brush.

Turned them into “Rat-tanium”.
IMG_1663.jpeg

IMG_1665.jpeg

Going for a satin finish on the outer chainring. Inner will stay black.

IMG_1669.jpeg

Starting to work on the rear derailleur. It’s rough.
IMG_1672.jpeg

Getting rougher.

IMG_1673.jpeg

Re-did the chainstay protector/stripe. Made it one piece and used some vinyl to make the center stripe.

IMG_1659.jpeg

IMG_1660.jpeg

Back