The Shelbinator. 37 Shelby Y Frame Muscle Truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather here would be just dry enough enough for a test run if your chute is waterproof.

Otherwise maybe just get a big fan blow it out in the garage for us so we can see the thing?

Is this just a plain chute?… or is it gonna pop out with a big picture of ratfink on it?

The suspense is building.8D

Weather here would be just dry enough enough for a test run if your chute is waterproof.

Otherwise maybe just get a big fan blow it out in the garage for us so we can see the thing?

Is this just a plain chute?… or is it gonna pop out with a big picture of ratfink on it?

The suspense is building.8D
Plain Chute.

A foot of snow is now keeping me from getting final photos. I may plow a path with the wrangler and get the shots. But no chute video. sorry.
B17A854B-D3DE-4DC4-9FB9-666256281189.jpeg
0C85D58E-6B88-4710-9690-5729676D7EDD.jpeg

That’s a lot of snow bro. If I lived up there I wouldn’t look at bicycles this time of year. I’d be working on a snowmobile.

But now I’m a desert rat and I haven’t seen a snowmobile near to hand in 50 years.

That means you can put “rat rod”
on it in big ratty letters.
That’s a lot of snow bro. If I lived up there I wouldn’t look at bicycles this time of year. I’d be working on a snowmobile.

But now I’m a desert rat and I haven’t seen a snowmobile near to hand in 50 years.
i actually moved to Colorado from Arizona, Lived in Tempe for 15 years. One of the first activities I got involved with was vintage snowmobile racing on a custom John Deere Liquifier I built. Grew up in PA, so I kind of new what I was getting into.
596FFDB0-82A5-47F2-A992-9521C1029FEE.jpeg

We went from Arizona to Minnesota in ‘66. We were in a trailer court in the desert, out by the Air Force Base, right on the Agua Fria River.

We had moved down from Moses Lake Washington in ‘62. I was there in the old days before snowmobiles got fast. Then the engines doubled and then quadrupled in size. It was an interesting time when I lived in Minnesota.

I knew a rich kid in town who had a Skidoo Nordica. Dual tracks . . . That was a tank! I think Arctic Cat was the top dog around then, but I never bought a snowmobile there.

The bike looks great Mike!! Yes, the weather has been unusually cloudy & not much help from the solar snow shovel. Since we typically have good weather for the OBC ride it may be the next chance for dry roads. Looks like more snow coming mid week...... :13:

We get spoiled with great weather to dry things up soon after snow. Not liking the cloudy weather lately.....:headbang:

To accentuate the muscle 'truck' look, will you be adding a ratty front flatbed ? With your bass slung in a bag over your shoulder, you could haul a practice amp rig on the front....

Rat rod bikes and amps make good friends..... :grin:

View attachment 212757
Ya know, now you got me thinking. I need to see about this, but man if the bike falls over, it will be a very expensive day.

Well now that it is all over, I have had about 30 miles of saddle time according to my speedo. In all honesty, as cool as it looks, was not working for me ergonomically. it forced me so far back in saddle that the reach on pedals forced me to pull on handle bars too hard, thus moving them in the stem. We were riding in Denver a couple weekends ago and in efforts to tighten it down even more, I strained the bolt and snapped. I limped it back 5 miles carefully. So here we are today. The banana seat and chute will be used on another project. This is much more comfy to ride…..
4340B301-EFDB-475D-8B04-0142E262C736.jpeg
9ED2F156-53E0-4901-86BE-0203B7CCD353.jpeg
BA6B5460-8002-4E23-8A3D-2C91A11A7292.jpeg
8D6543D3-9072-4607-9987-498511DFBBED.jpeg

I’m just throwing this out there for your entertainment. There was a dude here in Clovis who was really too small to ride a regular motorcycle, but he had a Harley sportster fitted with an attachment that gave it three rear wheels. Only the center one was powered and the other two were sprung so the bike could lean.

So now I’m thinking of a kind of bicycle with a “truck” attachment, you can add and remove, that stands the bike up normally, but will still let it lean.

I’m just throwing this out there for your entertainment. There was a dude here in Clovis who was really too small to ride a regular motorcycle, but he had a Harley sportster fitted with an attachment that gave it three rear wheels. Only the center one was powered and the other two were sprung so the bike could lean.

So now I’m thinking of a kind of bicycle with a “truck” attachment, you can add and remove, that stands the bike up normally, but will still let it lean.
Get busy!

Latest posts

Back