The Slight-Weight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a JC Pennys Slight-Weight really cheap at Rapp's swap meet a week ago, and I was itching to build something, so I threw this together 8) :
4347369697_0098606afa_b.jpg

The forks, stem, and seat are from a Schwinn traveler, and the handlebars are from a kids bike, I think. It still needs a lot of work. I have an old Croupon Garanti Welcome saddle I might put on it, and I think that rat trap pedals would fit it better. The hub needs work too, because it makes noise. I may put the three speed from the traveler on it, but then i would have to run a front brake. I'm not sure of how I want to paint it yet. Maybe flat black or sand the frame to bare metal and let it rust (weight reduction :lol: ). Any ideas?

Well, I have some changes planned. The seat without a cover didn't have the look I wanted, so I have a BELT saddle on it now, but that is temporary. I have a Croupon Garanti saddle that will go on once I soak it with leather conditioner. I bought this box of parts when i bought this bike, and I found a Schwinn fixed gear hub inside, so I'll probably lace that up because I've always wanted to try a fixed gear bike. Now all I need is some time off of work to get it done! :roll: I also have a rusty headlight that might go on it. Still haven't decided the paint scheme. Any ideas?

Never mind about the track hub, it only has 28 spoke holes. :roll: Maybe it is from an old track bike or something. I took the coaster brake apart and greased it, but when I put it together, it makes a grinding sound when it turns :x and then I found a ball bearing on the workbench. Right now I'm working on my motorized bike, so this is taking a back seat to it, but I'm going to get it done soon!

Back