The start of a Business!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as many of you may know user schwinn mesa sells used bike on craigslist. I thought that was really cool so I'm going to try it :lol: ! Hopefully I can get it rolling and maybe make some $$$$ in the long run. I'm also going to keep a "archive" of the bikes I find, own, see in swap meets, ect ect [url:http://samsbike.blogspot.com/2011/07/sabr.html] here![/url]

So the first bike..a Huffy Grand Tour for $20...specs here.

DSCN4169.jpg

DSCN4170.jpg

DSCN4171.jpg

DSCN4172.jpg

DSCN4177.jpg

DSCN4178.jpg

Good luck with the business! I have been doing it for a little while now and its fun. Not going to get rich but its a good way to fund your bike projects. If I may, two pieces of advice. 1. pick up all the tires you can it seems like every bike I flip needs tires. Sometimes if a bike is cheap enough I will buy it just for the tires. 2. A little goes a long way, grease them, air up the tires, make minor adjustments ect. I find a lot of people get turned off if they can't just hop on and ride away.
Oh ya and have fun.

Try for 100% profit. If you can buy if for $50 and sell it for $100, it's worth your time and effort. (adjust my example prices, per the bike at hand). If you can't double the $$ move on to the next one. There are millions of bikes out there, your time and cost of going and getting it are not free.

It's nice to bring in a little flip money, that way you don't mind buying something that you want for your keeper projects.

jerrykr said:
Try for 100% profit. If you can buy if for $50 and sell it for $100, it's worth your time and effort. (adjust my example prices, per the bike at hand). If you can't double the $$ move on to the next one. There are millions of bikes out there, your time and cost of going and getting it are not free.

It's nice to bring in a little flip money, that way you don't mind buying something that you want for your keeper projects.
highship said:
Good luck with the business! I have been doing it for a little while now and its fun. Not going to get rich but its a good way to fund your bike projects. If I may, two pieces of advice. 1. pick up all the tires you can it seems like every bike I flip needs tires. Sometimes if a bike is cheap enough I will buy it just for the tires. 2. A little goes a long way, grease them, air up the tires, make minor adjustments ect. I find a lot of people get turned off if they can't just hop on and ride away.
Oh ya and have fun.

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm looking to fund my projects. Since out here in Bay Area fixies/singlespeeds are really really popular, I was going to repaint it red, get some different handle bars, and I could sell it for some good $$$!

Back