The swweeeetest sidecar I ever did see!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of weeks back, Father's Day to be exact, I attended a big car show @ Greenfield Village (FYI, the Village was a pet project of Henry Ford--he collected all sorts of historic buildings & such like Abe Lincoln's courthouse, the Wright Brother's home & bike shop, etc, etc. back when nobody cared about that stuff read all about it @ http://www.thehenryford.org)
Anywho--along with the hundreds of '30's-'70's cars, there's always a section for bikes, scooters, etc. there seemed to be alot less bikes than previous years, but besides the Bowden Spacelander, Monark Silver King, Cushmann Eagles & various Schwinn balooners, there was a restored '49 or '50 Whizzer with a very nice looking sidecar--looked like it could be factory, but...far from it. What the builder (a retired Ford engineer) did was weld 2 '40 Ford front fenders together (back-to-back), turn them front-to-back, filled in the wheel opening & headlight holes & mounted it on a custom frame that bolted up to the Whizzer frame. It made for a really nice & clean looking side car. I wish I could show you pics but, I FORGOT MY CAMERA!!! :x To top it off, he offered my 3 yr old son a ride, but he could not be trusted to keep his hands out of the spokes.
Doh!

Do you know if the show has a website that might show this wizzer and sidecar on it? If you can find it and post it, that would be cool. thanks

Voodoowagon, Thanks for the website. The Indian with sidecar is a KC owner, He's a great guy. I'm going to e-mail him , so he can start looking at this site and hopeful he'll show us some of his bikes.

I saw one like you described on the page below.

23b.jpg

I would about give my left arm and all three legs to have that set up!

WAY COOL!

MagicRat said:
I would about give my left arm and all three legs to have that set up!

WAY COOL!

How would u enjoy it? :mrgreen:

haha, Whats that yellow bike next to the one with the side car?!

that is a very nice sidecar.

My wife gave me the go ahead to make a sidecar from the kids bike trailer. Woohoo.

Back