The TWENTY INCH RIDE- New London CT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLCTVWguy

Rollin' on 20's
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We are going to wrap up the summer with one of the rides people enjoyed the most last year:

The TWENTY INCH RIDE!

The ride starts at 2:00 PM Sunday September 20th.

twenty0810start.jpg

We will ride in Downtown New London CT. Meet at the Hygienic Art Park, 79 Bank Street, New London, CT 06320. Our route will take us to Fort Trumbull and Capt. Scotts Lobster Dock.

twenty0824memor.jpg

We'll pick up some fish'n'chips and enjoy the perfect weather we get at the end of summer in New England.
We had a lot of folks go with us on the ride last year and it was a lot of fun.

twenty0807lineup.jpg

Get out the Stingrays, Krates, Raleigh Choppers, Columbia Playbikes, Fastbacks, Fairladys, Stardusts, and all the other musclebikes!

twenty0801fort.jpg

Bring a BMX bike, custom chopper, rat rod, or any vintage ride!

twenty0809club.jpg

See our web page here:

http://www.bareiss.net/bikeride.html

and we'll see you there! Email me for details or call (860) 912 6882!

--Rob

Coming up, this weekend!

We'll be riding the Stingrays around town. Last night we took a little preview ride, my wife and I went out on my 68 Deluxe and her 72 Lil Chik. Lots of fun, people at the waterfront all reminisced about bikes they had when they were kids.

Which reminds me, today I saved 3 20" bikes from the scrap guys... and a 24" Columbia tanker. Not that I needed more bikes but they were too cool to throw out. One's a girls Huffy with a Solo Polo seat, ones a green Grants bike with a talllllll sissy bar... good stuff!

Unbelievably, the tires on all the bikes held air. Love it when that happens!

Contact me about the ride, parts, Stingrays, or to chat: http://www.bareiss.net/bikeride.html
[email protected] or (860) 912 6882.

--Rob

Looks like perfect weather forecast for the whole weekend here.

NOAA Point Forecast: New London CT
41.35°N 72.11°W
Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 66. North wind between 11 and 14 mph.

Saturday Night: Clear, with a low around 45.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 72.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 58.

My favorite picture from last year's ride:

twenty0814wildride.jpg

See you there!
--Rob

Wow what a great day - perfect weather, good food, light traffic, lots of cool people having a fun time out in the end-of-summer sun.

I think the group ranged from 9 yrs old to 50's, riding banana seats and custom choppers.

Really cool to see familiar faces and meet some of the folks in person too. For a few of you who saw my basement, back yard, and shop: warning, this could happen to you!

We had a LOT of purple bikes!

092009ftrides.jpg

Maryann took her Stardust home and rejoined us at Fort Trumbull with her custom Centurion single-speed. Not a 20" but lots of points for having a very fast cool bike.

092009ftgroup.jpg

These are just a few of the pics from my phone... better pics coming soon. Everyone, even the kids, seemed to really enjoy the ride, and the view of the harbor and downtown.

092009fttrum.jpg

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's pics. If you have any you want to send to me to post, just email them to [email protected]

Take care -
--Rob

Latest posts

Back