The Twin Sin. Updated 4/02

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Twin Sin

I think I found my paint color for this build. I picked up some silver duplicolor for the base and some purple metalcast. I did a little sample to see how it looks and I'm seriously impressed. The pictures were taken inside and are pretty flat but in person it has a crazy candy effect. Another nice thing is that the metalcast is super high gloss.

In person it's a bit darker

On the other end you can see where I was overlaying the purple with red metalcast.

if you're still thinking about fenders, you could try swapping them back to front. that would give you a long enough front to get down to the lower bar level, and the back would look a little bobber. You could just use two rear fenders too. Or, you could check out the hammered fenders from Velo Orange 8)

Yah,what is wrong with the current paint ? by the way i just cant get over that frame ,it's killer !

what about a fully skirted rear fender and a bobbed front? Just an idea when i saw this. Good choice on the bars.

I think it will probably stay fenederless. I moved them around a lot and it just looks better without them.

As far as the paint goes there is absolutely nothing wrong with the paint that is on there and actually it is quite stunning. When Uncle Stretch built it I loved everything he did and was originally planning on doing it pretty much the same way. Then I figured I had already seen it done that way so why not try something different. I'm not very good at leaving thing alone anyways :D .

Everybody has to put the special touches to bikes to make them their own. You may like something I do ,but it really wouldnt be the way you would do it...hence the paint change. I have faith that Mark as the talents to make my frame a special build. :wink: :wink:

Well it is definitely purple, lol. Man this was the hardest frame I have ever painted. I had to work out a system to make sure I didn't leave any bare spots. After painting it I have a whole new respect of Uncle Stretch's builds. There is a lot of work in this bike and a crazy amount of surface area. I used two cans of primer, a can and a half of base color, and two whole cans of purple clear! When it gets sunny again I need to take it outside to see if I missed any spots.

Sorry for the crappy lighting in the pictures.
DSC05562.jpg

DSC05564.jpg

Re: The Twin Sin. Updated 3/29

See now I like that. Its a cool color and if you had some turquoise and hot pink pin stripes it would look really nice. :wink:

Re: The Twin Sin. Updated 3/29

Rat Rod said:
That's awesome....you recreated Schwinn's Radiant Violet to a tee. :D

:lol: Hilarious - I thought the same thing when I saw it!

Thats a sweet build. Go silver with all the conponets. Our gun metal grey. Forks the same as the frame. That bike would even look cool with the Felt full sweeper fenders. You have just inspired me do build one for my self.

Back