The Unnamed Feeling......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The old guy has decided to throw his hat in the ring. Been looking for a good reason to build this. This is my starting point....a well trashed, but solid Hawthorne. Not going to be anything radical, but I am going to cut it up :mrgreen:

Nuclear_air_raid_drills.jpg

Man they built thousands and thousands of Schwinns and your going to cut a Hawthorne?????? :? :| :( :( :( Dude say it ain't so.

Uncle Stretch said:
Man they built thousands and thousands of Schwinns and your going to cut a Hawthorne?????? :? :| :( :( :( Dude say it ain't so.

Man, I've parted out all my Schwinns and sold them to the crazy people with deep pockets in California :mrgreen:

dont worry sensor is going to annihilate that old 31 chevy of his i hear he is gonna paint it metal flake pink, on air bags, with 22 inch dub wheels. i would not worry too much that is a cool bike but it is yours after all to do with as you want. heck i have caught some grief in the past for using rare bikes and turning them kustom i say let it roll that is part of the shock value.

I really didn't look at it as a rare bike....if it wasn't for the tank, it would be just another dime a dozen 50's frame. I've got it stripped already and will be cutting it up as soon as I get my doner frames cut up :wink:

A pink '31 Chevy on bags and dubs.......won't lose that in the parking lot :mrgreen:

karfer67 said:
dont worry sensor is going to annihilate that old 31 chevy of his i hear he is gonna paint it metal flake pink, on air bags, with 22 inch dub wheels. i would not worry too much that is a cool bike but it is yours after all to do with as you want.
sorry for hijacking but........you let the cat out :lol: :lol: :lol: (and karfer said hes going to section in 20" on the shoebox and stick it on a 4x4 chassis with 13" daytons
anyhow...its your bike if you want to cut it do it you cant make everyone happy :wink:
looking forward to seeing what you do

I've been thinking about cutting it up and making a diamond frame Schwinn out of it :mrgreen:

yep sensor i am gonna turn the shoebox into a full on donk raise it up throw some 30" wheels on it with spinners and some huge air horns under the front. flat black with red wheels is soooooo last week :lol:

No slicing done yet. Just sat things together to get a few profile shots. I wanted to cut the pictures up and tape them back together to get an idea of what will look right. Should end up with about a six inch longer wheel base. I'll be using the frame, tank, guard and wheel hoops from the pictures. A modified springer and Nexus 4 speed will also be added.

Grinder?????? Thats one of the first tools I bought when I started working on cars. I used that high tech machine to make wheels for people like Fred Flinstone :mrgreen:

Sweet, Digging the current setup! The chainguard looks great on there, as does the absence of fenders...

That's exactly what I do, take pics and cut them up. Easier and cheaper then cutting the bike first. Post your pics before you cut.

Back