The Wedding Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My niece got married this past weekend and she had asked me if I'd clean up my old Worksman tandem so that she and her new husband could ride away on it from their wedding reception instead of leaving by car. They actually had a car waiting for them at the end of a long downhill driveway so they really didn't have to ride too far before they ditched the bike and jumped in the awaiting car. It was an honor to put together the old bike and be a part of their big day in this way. My main goal was to get it spotless, rustless, and greaseless so that nothing would get on her dress. I painted it black, polished all the chrome, added white tires to the 26" shiney chrome clincher rims, added a rear chrome fender and a front chrome rack with two LED lights, and two chrome ding-dong bells. It was an evening wedding so by the time they departed the reception on the bike it was dark. Instead of just taking off down the hill to their hidden car, the bride and the groom made three trips around the huge circular driveway while a couple hundred people cheered them on louder each lap, with "One more time, One more time!" They were exhausted after the third lap! Although I only have the two shots the photographer took I thought I'd share them with you.
mcintosh_14.jpg

mcintosh_15.jpg

Re: The Wedding Bike Pic Chosen 8th Best in the World!

The International Society of Professional Wedding Photographers (yeah, there is such an organization!) awarded the pic above with the tandem bike I rebuilt as the 8th best wedding photo in the world this year in the "movement and motion" category!

As mentioned above in the opening thread, I didn't take the photo but that's my niece and her new husband..... and the bike is a creation of mine! Pretty cool!
http://www.ispwp.com/contests/ispwp-wed ... and-motion

That is really SWEET! Congradulations! You deserve to claim your part in the picture.

BTW: The picture is a really good one!

Back