the wifes project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so this is a murray monterey, no clue on the year. it actually used to be my wifes moms and she used to cruise around with my wife on the back when she was a kid. so its kind of a rebuild for my wife to cruise around on and to show my mother in law that rat rodding bikes isnt just a silly hobby!!!. she doesnt really want anything fancy done to it except for a powder pink paint job with white accents :roll: but we just found out 2weeks ago that shes pregnant, so this is gonna be a slow build. hope you all enjoy.

Easy E

september152008116.jpg

september152008117.jpg

september152008118.jpg

september152008120.jpg

so heres more pics after i got her all naked, the bike that is!! and ive got it completely stripped down up to the seat tube. i hate stripping rear triangles!!! theres something so sexy about bare metal!!! :wink: will post more pics once i get more done. like i said this is gonna be a slow build cuz i dont forsee her riding it in the near future.

Easy E

september152008230-1.jpg

september152008231-1.jpg

september152008232-1.jpg

yea its not too bad. i got pretty lucky actually. i used to work for a cabinet shop and they just had those countertops just laying around getting thrown away. i snatched em up real quick. the bike stand isnt too bad either!!

Easy E

lol yea the i love you derek was courtesy of my wife! i knew somebody would notice that! congrats on bein the first one coma!!!

Easy E

i saw that too but i noticed that you guys consume alot of sour cream and couldnt get past that :p
looks better already and good luck on the horn(if that doesnt work you might try to talk here into one of the 'ding dong' bells like the one in the video gtcoma posted)

lol well sensor the sour cream has a story behind it too. i work at dairy company here in kansas city missouri. belfonte ice cream and dairy foods. i work in the warehouse where we keep all the empty cups and lids that we send over to our production plant to be filled with our product and shipped out to consumers. so i figured i would just snag a bunch of em and use them to seperate parts for my bikes. i dont even like sour cream that much but they actually work pretty good.

Easy E

okay..... :lol:
i swear by zip lock baggies and a sharpie for labeling what theyre for(i used to do the container thing until i had a box with parts get kicked at work and couldnt remember what when to what on that stinking car :x got it figured out eventually but 3 times as slow....)
you might try checking for sirens like the one 37fleetwood had on godzilla also........might be a cheaper alternative
just be warned.......theyre amazingly loud!

i was told that the bike was in original condition. i didnt realize that there was a horn or bell or siren. but now im interested!!! where can i find a bell or siren or horn or whatever it is you speak of?!

Easy E

my wife didn't want anything fancy and then i did this....

100_0609.jpg

it's easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission......

the best part is she like's it now !!

you should just do what comes to mind and let her see it when its done....

thats pretty sweet lookin von. i dont have the ability to weld nor do i have a welder to do crazy stuff like that. but she wont even let me put a 26inch mtb suspension fork on it to make the ride a little smoother!!! women

Easy E

ok! so this bikes actually been done since october 2008. i motivated myself to get it done for bicyclerick's fall swap meet and bike show. my wifes still pregnant and like i said before, i dont see her riding it much in the future. but i still got it done and it even took 2nd place for middle weights in ricks show!!

you cant really tell but i left the fenders bare metal and the rims are bare metal too. i just sanded them down with sand paper and they shined right up! theres also a white stripe down the chain guard thats kinda hard to see but its probably my favorite part of her bike!

bikepics1-17010.jpg

bikepics1-17011-1.jpg

hope yall like it!!

Easy E

cool bike! my girl would like that one too. she loves pink :lol: and i like your cell phone in the pics where its in bare metal. my girlfriend has one just like it.

pink always works for girls stretch!!! that phones actually my neighbors, he was helpin me strip the frame. i have the palm centro and love it!

Easy E

kool beans! now i cant remember the last time i heard that one :lol:

Back