The World's Lowest Indian build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everybody, just thought i'd get it on the forum to start the ideas, so here it is. i plan to build the frame frome scratch, as i plan to use motorcycle wheels given to me for free :D by a friend. so heres my sketch(s) to start, and any ideas for paint, frame mods, wheel/tire combo, go ahead. the theme is an Indian Larry kind of bike, with plent of chrome and 'flake.
img521.jpg

thats the basic idea for the frame and stance, and heres what i wanna do with the forks:
img645.jpg

oh and i have an old 1956 Pontiac Chief hood ornament i want to use as the suicide brake knob. :D

Dman said:
Any ideas on where to source a leaf spring like that? (other than original Indian, etc. motorcycle items)

(Burt - Legend!!! :D )

Try somewhere that sells trailer components. I've seen some small springs for small box/boat trailers that would probably be suitable.

Also check out Hooch's how to:

viewtopic.php?t=1014

got the camera out and snapped some shots of what ive got to start with. i want to use a normal bike chain, so i have to custom-make a sprocket to fit, so i started drilling out this blank chainring. i want to get a brake-less front hub and a different rear hub, so suggestions would be great. and new tires are an obvious. :mrgreen:
DSCN5715.jpg

DSCN5718.jpg

DSCN5721.jpg

and i was thinkin trailer leafs. i would like to make one, but idk. and that 'how-to' did help, showin that it can be done, but i want to make everything from scratch, because i pretty much have to anyway, with usin the motorcycle wheels an all.

wow stretch!!! i remember us talkin about you buildin this bike but i didnt know that it would be this extreme!!! this will be interesting to see!!! keep up the good work bro!

Easy E

thanks bud! i went up to the local motorcycle shop an asked the guy hangin out there if he could hook me up with sum parts id need for this bike, like new hubs, new spokes, definitly tires. now the glitch is these are Honda wheels, and theyre 36 spokes instead of the typical 40. so either hes gonna find the hubs or help hook in me up with a different pair. tires he said would be a piece of cake. and i almost bought a neat seat from the guy when i saw the tag. 129.95!!!!!! :shock: :eek: for jus a lil ole' silver 'flake seat. yikes. im gonna make my own. :D

so for tires.. do you guys think whitewalls, blackwalls?

id like to, but the'yre really dry-rotted and they've got flat spots. i was kinda thinkin a really skinny blackwall up front and a nice fat blackwall out back, for a good fast look.

Back