The Wright Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While getting a wheel trued, I noticed a set of handlebars, way above all the others on display. They had to get a ladder to get them down. So now I have 2 sets, but this one is chrome, paint won't stick, and a lot of early bikes had steel bars. These are what I'll go with.

07 Dec 22 bars1.jpg

I've got back issues, so I can't ride crouched down, but I can go to uprights just by adjusting the stem and bars. I think it looks good that way, but that's just for testing, the bars go down for the finished product once I get a few more little things worked out.

11 Dec 22 uprights.jpg

I've got back issues, so I can't ride crouched down, but I can go to uprights just by adjusting the stem and bars. I think it looks good that way, but that's just for testing, the bars go down for the finished product once I get a few more little things worked out.

View attachment 219450
I like it better upright great job

If you want to take down that 'chrome-y' look WC, you could use the duplicolor metalcast Smoke or Black chrome paint. It would give your crank , bars ; anything that's chrome an older look like aged nickle.

Here it is on my RaTsberry BuffeT ....

RaTsberry final 3.jpg

All the parts were initially bright chrome.

It's like the silvery paint they used instead of chrome in WW2. I've got a pair of handlebars from then that are waiting for the right bike.

I bought an extra pair of the new bars as they were cheap and painted them faux wood to match the rims. I still have to chop the ends off.

12 Dec 22 bars.jpg

If a new development works out, I'll have cork grips on wood (fake) bars, something like these but upright:

12 Nov drops.jpg

I inquired about having a head badge made up. The town engraver quoted 60 bucks. I need plan B.
I wonder if I can just get a piece of brass or copper and do it myself with my dremel. It has a lot of little engraving attachments I know nothing about. Has anyone here made up their own head badges?

1671021949719.png

I inquired about having a head badge made up. The town engraver quoted 60 bucks. I need plan B.
I wonder if I can just get a piece of brass or copper and do it myself with my dremel. It has a lot of little engraving attachments I know nothing about. Has anyone here made up their own head badges?

View attachment 219642
Somewhere on the forum here a person did a tutorial on acid etching head badges.

Latest posts

Back