THERE'S A CUP ON YOUR ROOF!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Oh man, am I having fun now.

I was just on facebook and saw where a friend in Nags Head, NC had posted this:

Followed a little pick up truck all the way down Colington Road this morning. On top was a clear plastic cup with lid and straw, a little beverage in side and a toothpick with some fruit. It stayed on his roof all the way down the curvey road. I thought it will blow off when he hits the bypass. It didn't. I pulled up at a light and yelled at him that there was a cup on his roof. The following is his response:
"I know. It's been there since mid July. There is a magnet in the bottom that holds it to my roof. It keeps tourist from tailgating me because they are afraid it will blow off and hit their car."

I laughed and told him he was a genius.

At that moment I realized I had a stock of red Solo cups in the office and out in the cup holder of my Jeep I had a stack of 4 round strong magnets about the size of the bottom of the cup. I took a cup outside and put the magnet in it and stuck it to the roof right over the driver's door. Ran down the road with my hand behind it making sure the wind wouldn't knock it off and it was good over 35mph. Then people started looking.

I finally got to a stop light, turning left. Stopped at the light was a work van and a Sheriff's car. I noticed the guy in the work van waving and pointing at the cup and then the Sheriff with his windows down yells "You've got a glass on your roof!" I kept driving and laughed all the way home.

You just gotta try this! :mrgreen: :lol:
804CAE43-AC70-473B-AE8C-1C03517137FE-1102-000000790E090E26.jpg

David Letterman did that one time with a whole bag of groceries attached to the top of his trunk lid in a big old mid 70s Impala convertible.

It was hilarious because it has a big loaf of French bread sticking out and everything. :lol:

The guys on jack......... did that with a child carrier with a doll in it.

I am going to put a silly straw in the cup tonight.

I would've loved to see David Letterman do that bit, he is hilarious. As far as the Jack--- guys, some of their stuff is funny, but some is rude.

yoothgeye said:
As far as the Jack--- guys, some of their stuff is funny, but some is rude.

MOST if not ALL of their stuff is rude!!! But funny in a VERY sick and twisted way.

ruddigger said:
yoothgeye said:
I would've loved to see David Letterman do that bit, he is hilarious.

Here ya go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSvd4_lwq1s

Oh man, that was great!

I took a silly straw and screwed a small screw into the bottom of it, now it sticks to the magnet in the bottom of the cup so that it won't come out, but it still moves around. Just leaving the cup on the roof in the church parking lot last night I had tons of people coming in telling me I left a cup on my roof.

ChrisMac said:
THAT IS EPIC ! ! ! Can't wait for the rain to stop and start riding around with my red SOLO cup and straw on the rood of the Audi. Thanks so much for potentially putting a long lasting smile on my face.

It's amazing how much energy people will put into trying to save the disposable cup on your roof, yelling, honking, waving, etc... Fun all day long.

People still honking, flashing lights, waving, yelling, I'm running out of sincere looking reactions when they yell, "THERE'S A CUP ON YOUR ROOF!"

ruddigger said:
Somebody should record the reactions they get and put them on YouTube.

Someone send me a GoPro and I'll put it on my roof rack, I've been dying to get one. I'll give you the adshare check from youtube hits. :lol:

Latest posts

Back