Thick Brick Tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'd like to buy a set of thick brick tires for this bike:
6879488118_ec04d98a77_z.jpg

The bike has balloon tires on it.. So do I need to order a wider size rim so that the tires will fit? Or will they work on these?

If it has 26 x 2.125 tires on it already there's no reason those rims wouldn't work.

mos6502 said:
If it has 26 x 2.125 tires on it already there's no reason those rims wouldn't work.

Thick Bricks are 24x3, so you will need different rims if those are 26s. I have a pair mounted on a set of 24x1.75 rims and they fill the frame on my '34 Rat Flyer nicely.
IMAG0939.jpg

D'oh I was thinking of the Quick Brick tires. You're right, the thick bricks are for 24s.

You can't beat the deal at $7.50. I had already bought a pair on closeout at $15. I bought some more in this latest blowout.

Looks like they are sold out again.
Check back in later because this happened last night too, but they found more.

For $7.50, I had to buy a set. Now I need a project to put them on.

menzorro said:
It is such a good deal for $7.50 per tire that I couldn't resist and now to find some affordable tubes. Oh, and rims too....snow balls don't it ?
After reading about the deal on the Felts,l I ordered a set and found these tubes on Amazon $18.80 shipped for the pair
:D
Sunlite Bicycle Tube 24 x 2.75-3.00 SCHRADER Valve
$6.49 ea

Sold by: Niagara Cycle Works

I found a set of 24 in Schwinn rims can I mount them on on the Schwinn s ?

Latest posts

Back