This is what I have been up to since Dec.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,I bought a 63 ford falcon. it did have it fair share of rust :/ but yeah, i love that car.
Ive gotten alot done since dec. 5th 2007. I got a few things replaced, and HAD to change the oil, anti freeze, and the trans fluid...this guy i bought it from neglected the car, anti freeze was brown, the oil was black and the trans fluid was thick and black. BUT, i changed it and all is well.
After 2 months of working on the drivers side, and getting the dents out, my boyfriend and i finally got the drivers side primered....So, it looks like i can actually drive my car with "paint" on it instead of bare metal. :)
Im looking forward to taking it to the pile up, just hope it doesnt break down, but i guess thats a risk im gonna have to take, and thats a risk anyone takes in driving old cars 60 plus miles.
Ive also been pinstriping alot. I met someone at my school who says they know someone whos interested in buying my purses so they can sell them in their botique...
these arent even the half of the pics i have of my car, but these will give you an idea.
so here are some pictures.

Before i started to sand
today.jpg

l_aad138d76f3e5f5da345c94186e2decb.jpg

l_db0051b83f14455bf03a1c1defdee272.jpg

bondo.jpg

noinside.jpg

my reserve bottle
reservebottle.jpg

trunklid.jpg

ugly.jpg

carpet!
carpet.jpg

backofcar.jpg

onesidepainted.jpg

dashstickers-1.jpg

cover.jpg

crazy2.jpg

df.jpg

crazy.jpg

travelcase.jpg

speedlimitsign.jpg

purse.jpg

paintbox.jpg

greenpurse.jpg

gascan.jpg

AND my new business card
BritttBusinessCards.jpg

Awesome car! I had the EXACT SAME seat cover on the front seat of my 62 when I first got it! What color are you going to paint it? Bye the way you do nice work with the pinstripes.

beautiful car and awesome striping! thats something i've been wanting to learn how to do for awhile i just dont understand how people get it looking so symmetrical.

Kustom Kreator said:
Awesome car! I had the EXACT SAME seat cover on the front seat of my 62 when I first got it! What color are you going to paint it? Bye the way you do nice work with the pinstripes.
I plan on using that SEM Rust Shield stuff, in dark blue. Im going to get a paint sample to see if it matches my door jams....hope it does.
Im glad you like my pinstriping :)

Doll Face Striper said:
Kustom Kreator said:
I plan on using that SEM Rust Shield stuff, in dark blue. Im going to get a paint sample to see if it matches my door jams....hope it does.

Looking good. One thing though, plastic bondo tends to crack if you lay it on too thick, aluminized bondo works a lot better as it's metal to metal and flexes and expands with the body panels. Costs a hair more, but not much more. You'd have to get it from an auto paint store, Autozone won't have it. Good luck though.

jadewombat said:
Doll Face Striper said:
Kustom Kreator said:

Looking good. One thing though, plastic bondo tends to crack if you lay it on too thick, aluminized bondo works a lot better as it's metal to metal and flexes and expands with the body panels. Costs a hair more, but not much more. You'd have to get it from an auto paint store, Autozone won't have it. Good luck though.

hay, thanks for telling me about that aluminized bondo. i never knew there was another type. But, ive never been into an auto paint store before.

Back