This mornings $20.00 mess

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to see a bike this morning. It was very sad :( This looks like it was a very nice bike when it was parked outside years ago. I do not think any of the chrome will clean up, well mabe the fenders. From the paint I can tell it must have been a nice bike when they stopped using it. Still it was only 20 bucks, and now I have a piece of yard art :mrgreen:

100_2291.jpg

100_2292.jpg

100_2295.jpg

100_2294.jpg

That's a cool Stingray but it's sad to see it was neglected. Get some SOS pads and the rust on the fenders will come off. The apes are pretty bad but could come back to life with SOS pads and a lot of elbow grease. I remember getting rid of rust like that on the handlebars, it took a long time but you wouldn't believe all of the nice chrome under the rust. The wheels may be a challenge though... getting around all of the spokes.

It wouldn't be too awful to leave it rat though. :)

thats a great bike i love rusty apehanger handlebars that was a nice find for 20 dollars :D

rustymotors said:
The wife says it all :mrgreen:

100_2297.jpg

I was laughing for a while when i saw this! I guess all wives have that "not another one" look down packed. Mine included :wink: .

Oh boy, I've seen that look before. Looks like you'll be taking her out for a nice dinner tonight :lol:

I`ve seen that look before. Lucky for me my wife is away in Italy for two weeks and I have been sneaking in lots of bikes and Cycle truck parts, I hope she does not notice. By the way if you part this bike out I really need a rear fender like that one, I don`t care about the rust , I am going to paint it anyway.

I totally recognise that look! I call it the ol hairy eyeball look! I had added a couple to the stable a few years ago w/o my wife being aware, she came in from the backyard with that look on her face and stated " It looks as though the bikes are breeding." I jumped up exitedly and in stride for the back door I asked " Are they purebred Schwinns! Or mongrel off-brands?" Didnt seem to remove the look however. :wink: Later & PEACE!!!

Hey Josh, She should be used to that by now, and besides how many did you sell off when you moved to bloomington? LOL

Back