Three new bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I took a little road trip to buy one bike yesterday... And came back with 3. I picked up a 26 inch firestone 500 ladies bike, a 24 inch firestone 500 II ladies bike and a Galxy Flyer Mens bike. I'm not to familiar with the firstone ones, I've seen them before. I bought the 24 incher just becasue it had the whole tank that I wanted to put on the 26 incher. But after looking real hard at both of them, I think I bought the 26er just to have another set of wheels for something... The frame is real rusty and the half of the tank that's ther is rotted out from old betteries. And the rot had started to go to the fram as well. It's real haggard... The Galaxy Flyer, I've never seen or heard of before. Anyone have any info or know anything about these? It's a rider. There was air in the tires and everyhting. So I got some new bikes. And I was able to keep me spending below $50 a bike, which is my new rule to keep my wife happy... although I had to buy 3 to make it work out that way...($65 for the galaxy flyer and $40 for the pair of firestones, which was worth it for the tank alone in my opinion...)
2787315994_239d513d62_o.jpg

2787316070_9f9ef49fcf.jpg

2787316118_41e85e7aaa.jpg

2787316164_c012c23229.jpg

Nice! yours is way nicer than mine are... I need to find more info about these... Is yours 24 or 26 inch wheels? Is that the original seat and if so does it have the same little foam blocks instead of springs in it as the one on my 24 incher?

Your Firestones look to be Huffy built, while Muddy's is Harris (Rollfast). Galaxy Flyer was one of Western Flyer's other models, yours looks like an AMF built. ~Adam

Rustinkerer said:
Your Firestones look to be Huffy built, while Muddy's is Harris (Rollfast). Galaxy Flyer was one of Western Flyer's other models, yours looks like an AMF built. ~Adam
Wow. Thanks man. Where did you get such mad skills to be able to know that from my crappy cellphone pics? I wish I had mad skillz like that, yo.
Thanks again.
Brigham

Where did you get such mad skills to be able to know that from my crappy cellphone pics? I wish I had mad skillz like that, yo.
Thanks again.
When I dove back into bikes headfirst in 05, I ended up buying all the classic bike books out there, and devoured all that info. Also scored a lot of newsletters from the late 80s-mid 90s, when the hobby was pretty underground. But mostly, certain mfg'ers used certain sprockets, chain guards, and frame designs. After you look at a couple million bikes, the subtle differences are easy to spot. That, and I'm just cool like that!!!! :lol: ~Adam

Rustinkerer said:
Where did you get such mad skills to be able to know that from my crappy cellphone pics? I wish I had mad skillz like that, yo.
Thanks again.
When I dove back into bikes headfirst in 05, I ended up buying all the classic bike books out there, and devoured all that info. Also scored a lot of newsletters from the late 80s-mid 90s, when the hobby was pretty underground. But mostly, certain mfg'ers used certain sprockets, chain guards, and frame designs. After you look at a couple million bikes, the subtle differences are easy to spot. That, and I'm just cool like that!!!! :lol: ~Adam
Word. Represent for all the bike nerd, er, um, I mean hardcore bike enthusiasts out there. :mrgreen: I wish I had gotten into this sooner. I could have spent a lot less time starting but never finishing various other automotive projects and whatnot... At least with bikes I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Most the time. :wink:

Latest posts

Back