three seater three wheel bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a friend of mine picked up this bike at a swap meet, anyone ever seen one or know what it is . sorry about the double pics and smileys
3-16-14053_zps2caaef32.jpg
3-16-14053_zps2caaef32.jpg
3-16-14054_zps4eea758a.jpg

Judging by the front fork style and the differing patina on areas where welding would have been done, I would guess it is a one off homebrew.. I have seen someone post about building a similar bike for one of the rolling sculpture races and they said it was way too flexy. This bike seems to have suffered the same problem and the builder added more and more pipe until he gave up by the looks of it.

he has it at a friends shop and I think he is planning on getting it running . im going to take a better look at it this week and will get some better pictures . where would we look for the drive line parts for something like this . do you think it should have two sprockets at the front two cranks and one in the rear .

1 chainring on the front crank and 2 on each of the rear cranks.....3 different chains. This may be difficult to line up your chain lines. Also make sure the chainrings are the same size on each chain so they sync.

Cool bike .

Guess I had it backwards . Any one know about cranks and sprockets for something like this . I'm would think that the middle section needs to be longer to accomodate for two sprockets and some kind of spacer?

Back