Three Speed Wasp

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am almost finished with my Three Speed Wasp. Just wanted to share a picture. I still need to true the wheels, find some clean sissy bar clamps, hoping to find a five speed MAG and a stik shift front cover. This should be a smooth ride on a set of maxxis 2.5 hookworm tires.
IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

Here is an older picture
IMG_0232.jpg

nice !! i always wondered why schwinn didnt put the stik shifts on the 26" bikes too.

so did you make the linkage on the shifter too ??

I connected the shifter and hubs with no issues. the linkage is a shimano bell housing with push rod, which is use on older three speed hubs. The wheels are Schwinn 26 in center stamped S-2 with a script front hub and a shimano 3CC rear. Hopefully it will be ready this weekend to ride. :mrgreen:

Lookin good B! Love the big shifter on a 26" bike! Keeping my eyes open for one! Would look cool on my glossy black Speedster! :wink:
L8 EM

biss-ness said:
I connected the shifter and hubs with no issues. the linkage is a shimano bell housing with push rod, which is use on older three speed hubs. The wheels are Schwinn 26 in center stamped S-2 with a script front hub and a shimano 3CC rear. Hopefully it will be ready this weekend to ride. :mrgreen:
Your bike looks tight. I put a "naner" on my schwinn and it looked tarded..

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

Finally Finished, after riding some wheelies in the rain , the wheels are still true and straight. Now i just need to find a front cover for the stick shifter. :mrgreen:

Wow. Those big tires really help put the nanner and the apes in perspective with the rest of the bike... very nice...

--rick

Back