Thrifty Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up yesterday at a local thrift store. Not sure what I will do with it yet, may end up as a parts donor. From looking at the date code list I believe this to be a 1962.

DSCN4449.jpg

DSCN4453.jpg

DSCN4452.jpg

DSCN4450.jpg

If you end up picking it for parts, I'd buy the carrier if you didn't need it. That's the one I need for my American Deluxe :wink:

Nice find .Its funny I have the same reflector decals on my fork & rear fender .
Anyone have any suggestions on how to get them off ??
With out ruining the paint they are really stuck on my bike.
The reflector decals must have been some kind of kit with mounting instructions ..

tanksalot said:
Nice find .Its funny I have the same reflector decals on my fork & rear fender .
Anyone have any suggestions on how to get them off ??
With out ruining the paint they are really stuck on my bike.
The reflector decals must have been some kind of kit with mounting instructions ..

A hair dryer or heat gun will take them off by loosening the glue then WD40 to get off the residue. Just need to be a bit more careful with a heat gun as not to scorch the paint.

I thought this idea was nuts, until I tried everything else to remove pinstriping on my car. By everything, I mean heat, WD, decal remover spray, the decal eraser for a drill. Then, I finally listened to the wife. Magic potion? Mayonaise. Let it sit a few minutes, and it let the striping go.

Toadman, I can spill the beans :) $20

Yeah, I am having trouble with the reflector stripes too, started to use a knife ever so carefully to flake it off. I tried some Goof Off but it started to take off the Pin striping and not the sticker. I will have to try the mayo idea then heat if that doesn't work.

Jpromo said:
If you end up picking it for parts, I'd buy the carrier if you didn't need it. That's the one I need for my American Deluxe :wink:

You sure you need it? It's a 24" bike you know. That rack might be really scarce if it's 24" specific. Gary

Latest posts

Back