Time to tell you about my self, it's a long one

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
So I have been on RatRod for a little bit now and I guess it's time to tell you who I am... ok where to start, my name is Tristan I'm 17 years old and have been building RatRods since I was 16. It started with my repop 1969 Pea Picker which I got when I was 10 years old, so it's a family heirloom at this point, at least to me that is, but it's really all thanks to my brother. When he was 14 he found this place called the Boise Bicycle Project, what this place was I never thought to ask but one day after 4 months my brother asked me to come with him to the BBP and that's when it really started. The BBP is a nonprofit bicycle shop that takes donations from everybody so when there is a vintage bike they don't want, I try to get it. For the first 4 months before I went there for the first time, my brother Niclas would just go there every day just to hang out and talk to the guys that work there so by the time I went there Niclas knew all the guys there, and the reason I went there in the first place was to fix my very first vintage bike, a 1971 Schwinn Heavy Duty. It came from Louisiana so it was pretty worn out, the frame was bent, the wheels were rusted out. But the knowledge I gained from that first experience of taking the Schwinn apart was awesome and it was all over at that point I was in love with vintage bicycles.

Welcome to the rat, post pictures liberally, and enjoy this site, I love it here!

Back