Tinkering with the Interceptor...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late 50's Evans Interceptor 100...

011505010205010308200807227db5a62ec.jpg

AS found on Craigslist

DSCN3239.jpg

Got one wheel on and got hints from the "How to..." section on grinding the fork/axle for fitment of the front...

DSCN3241.jpg

very uncomfortable seat... kinda like bare metal with contact paper on it...

DSCN3265.jpg

Yeah! Got the front wheel on... playing with the front fender on the back (nevermind my hokie zip-tie mounting for test-riding)

DSCN3266.jpg

I'm having fun! :mrgreen:

looks great trigger. i like the black wheels with the knobby mtb tires. definately go with what markm said. mtb bars and no fenders. just my $.02

Easy E

i like the rear fender, keep it on. i think i would go with mtb bars. looks great,nice job

Outlaw 8)

Thanks guys. Still deciding on what I want to do with the fenders... I was glad to see I could still fit them switching from 26X1.95 to 26X2.1 tires... I love the half-type rear fender you see on things like the Electra Rockabilly, but I'm not sure I ant to cut the original just yet... Gonna black-out some other parts and do something with the bars - though maybe not "true" klunker. I have some ideas...

All you need now is a chrome tube fork, some vintage 3 piece cranks, some bear traps and some BMX cruiser bars. :D

DSC_0075.jpg

Sweet!

BTW - the new bobble-head avatar cracks me up everytime I see it :)

snfargle said:
i'd keep the "bobbed" fender as i think they look sweet, as in good sweet, not soppy girly sweet like a puppy, or a kitten

Ha! Yeah - I'm liking the bobbed fender look. Have t get it just right though - not there quite yet...

Still deciding on what I want to do with the fenders... I love the half-type rear fender you see on things like the Electra Rockabilly...
Yeah, you need a shorty w/a ducktail with no brace, that bolts to the upper frame stays. That'd be tasty! personally, I like the Evans loooooooong chainguard... ~Adam

Rustinkerer said:
Yeah, you need a shorty w/a ducktail with no brace, that bolts to the upper frame stays. That'd be tasty! personally, I like the Evans loooooooong chainguard... ~Adam

Exactly! That's the look I'm shooting for! Also - I have plans to add the big 'ole chain guard back on too... :D

Forte Terra Trac 26 X 2.1 from Performance - got em off the clearance rack for $7 a piece plus a coupon and Labor Day discounts. My deal of the month :)

Back