Tips n Trix

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pondo also shared his tubafore method
This is how I like to set mine up.
"You can see I have a 2x under the bottom bracket shell and a 4x under the top of the seat post tube for support. Then position the long 2x4 to where it's just under the dropout for max leverage.
281125-1728066418276.png
Before I make any adjustments I measure the distance between the dropouts. Then I kind of bounce on the end of the 2x4, in a controlled manner, a few times and measure again. When I've got it spread half way to the new dimension I flip the frame over and do the other side. You might do the string to check for alignment 1st as one side may need more adjusting than the other.

If you need to bring it back in a little you can just set up your lever under the bottom dropout and use the same process."
281126-1728066787962.png

Lol he also gives a bit of warning:
"You don't want to go back and forth too much like I did with this frame. On already weak tubing it can make it weaker. I wasn't worried about it on this old frame. It's a 24" and I plan to replace the rear triangle with a 26" at some point. I've had to do some rear triangle adjusting on most of my build off frames so far and this method works pretty well for me."

Latest posts

Back