tire lettering

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fv2

Don't know what I'm doing, gonna do it anyway.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm trying to figure out a way to do custom lettering on whitewalls.
I know there are companies that make adhesive lettering, but that's expensive. I talked to the local screen printer, he said he wouldn't know where to start.

So now I'm curious, would vinyl decal stencils stick to tires so I can use tire paint?
Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do this?

I'm finally finishing my Indian moped project and I ordered whitewalls for it, I want to get the Indian script logo put on the sides of the tires.

Last edited:
Perhaps use frisket film...a product professional artists use to mask areas and create sharp lines. It comes in various levels of tackiness, but you've already figured out that a spotlessly clean and oil-free surface is essential, regardless of the product you use.

You can shoot clear first over the stencil that should block the color from bleeding through. Obviously it only works on close gaps but never tried over rubber. I just watched a guy on YouTube use an aerosol can and a stencil on car tires. Actually looked good

You can shoot clear first over the stencil that should block the color from bleeding through. Obviously it only works on close gaps but never tried over rubber. I just watched a guy on YouTube use an aerosol can and a stencil on car tires. Actually looked good
The link that one horsepower posted didn't look bad either, I just don't know how well it'll work on white walls. I'll have to do some testing first.

Latest posts

Back