Tires for a Klunker build?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys, I`m just finishing up my Klunker project and I`m in need of some vintage looking knobbies in a black wall...any suggestions?

Cheers! ~MERK

Thanks. Those are great tires, but have a little too much of a modern look for my project. I don`t think Felt will ship to Canada either...
I appreciate you help tho`... Cheers! ~MERK

Check out WTB Velociraptors. The tread's a little open and round compared to old diamond studs, but the side lugs look the part pretty well and they work great. They're not the cheapest thing on the shelf, though.

maxxis holy rollers look pretty good too, except for the big logos......

DSC00852.jpg

There's always the standard knobby cruiser tires...they are usually pretty cheap too....$12 - $15 each.

Seems like Alan Bonds runs these a lot.

DSC_0029.jpg

bc1.jpg

Rat Rod said:

What kind of paint is that ? Looks like a flat finish.......looks great! Also interested in info on the crank/sprocket/pedal set up. I'm gathering ideas for my klunker build. Thanks!

Thanks! I`ll see if I can get `em at my shop, otherwise looks like your linked store will ship to the North. Appreciate the help, Cheers! ~MERK

Back