Tis the season.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.......for large trash pickup. Nothing especially interesting, but it still dumbfounds me what people will throw away. Picked 13 up this week, and wasn't even trying that hard.

002-21.jpg

Fun little "customized" chopper. This little tikester must of been short.

003-22.jpg

021-6.jpg

Nice Raleigh. Should clean up well.

020-4.jpg

008-13.jpg

and finally, a free spirit with a three speed coaster brake hub. Been wanting one of these hubs for a project for some time. Unfortunately, this bike is just too nice to part.

006-16.jpg

thanks for lookin......

ratina said:
I just bought about 20 mountain bikes and such, mostly walmart bikes, for next to nothing, they sell like crazy around here. Clean them and flip them on CL and buy a cool vintage bike

For whatever reason, mountain bikes don't sell very well here. At least they didn't last summer. I probably have 40+, all walmart quality, and all needing this or that. No motivation to fix them up. I'll sell them all for a song. It's only an 11 hour drive one way from the windy city. Come on down....... :)

I love the block pedals... They remind me of a friend of mine in high school we had to weld extensions to the Brake, clutch,and gas pedals for him to drive.. about 4" Of course we had to move the seat to..LOL...This was back in the early 80s we stuffed a lot of v8's in to Vegas pintos Mavricks gremlins and so on..The good old days..LOL

'

I am waiting for our city wide clean up at the begining of May. The city gets a bunch of roll off containers at the city shop and everyone in town brings their "junk" out. The city guys set all of the bikes aside for me. Last year I scored several including a '49 Schwinn girls skip tooth. I love living in a small town.

I am going to drill about 20 holes in a concrete floor to install a Car lift for a Guy who works for the town..Now thats a hook up ..One hand washes the other..LOL Love the small towns too.. :wink:

Back