To ape or not to ape?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought these bars at the swap meet and the seat at sports junkies downtown and just had to see what it would look like. What do you guys think, to ape or not to ape? :mrgreen:

visitjune07079.jpg

visitjune07080.jpg

or the "before"

morebikepics003.jpg

morebikepics004.jpg

I like the looks of new seat old bars better. However, apes might be a little more comfy. I always go with comfort over looks. However, sometimes you have to sacrifice comfort for beauty. However,....I can't decide either.

If you don't already have a bike with apes then apes with white or black grips. If ya already have a bike with apes then no-apes :D :D

i'm thinking new seat, old bars....

but, the red grips might be distracting me...

do you have any white or black grips to try with the apes?

I love my sparkly red grips, and they go with the red pinstripes on the tank. The seat is staying, it is sooooooooo comfortable and the old one was like sitting on a two by four. The bars.... I still haven't decided.

No Apes..
White Grips

and Flip The Stock Bars like a Board Tracker..
You'de be surprised how Cumfie Flipped Bars really are.

but The Ape's do look great on it..
I'm Tossed on This one because it Looks Sick Both Ways..
and that's because it's a BEAUTIFUL Bike!

I say take it for a ride both ways and see which way rides comfortable to you and then make up your mind. It will look great both ways. nice bike.Personally I like apes.

Back